17

Still at Zac's grandparents house:

Zac was going through a lot of emotions in this moment. All these years, Zac thought he was over the fact that his mother abandoned him. He figured that the day they came face to face again he wouldn't feel a thing for her, but in this moment he felt like a like boy again who just wanted his mother. His feelings were confusing him. Part of him wanted to be mad. He wanted to hate everything about her, but the more he stared at her the more the memories started flooding back. You would think it was all the bad memories, it was nothing but the good memories.

Leon: what the fuck is this.

Joan: Leon don't overreact.

Leon: you show up to my parent's house with my best friend's arms around you and you don't want me to overreact.

Joan: yes I heard my son and daughter were in town so I thought I would come and visit them.

Leon: oh now they're your kids because If my memory serves me correctly you gave up your parental rights during the divorce.

Joan: ok that was in the past I'm here now and I wanna be in their lives.

Leon: you full of shit Joan.

Brian (the best friend) starts walking up on Leon.

Brian: yo watch the way you talk to her Leon.

Zac got in between the two of them

Zac: yo Brian walking up on my dad like that is going to be the biggest mistake you will ever make. So fall the fuck back before shit go left.

A man who looked just like Zac came up to the men.

Zeke: and what if he don't.

Zac: who the fuck are you?

Joan: Liyah Zac this is your older brother Zeke.

Everyone: what?

Zac: you gotta be fucking kidding me.

Leon: you was sleeping with this nigga our whole marriage.

Joan: I don't wanna hear nothing from you. You had no time for me. You were always out. And when you were home, you never gave me any attention.

Leon: because I was fucking tired from working multiple jobs to put you through medical school.

Liyah: we had an older brother and you never said anything.

Zac: no you talking about you wanna be in our lives and you thought the best way to do that is to introduce us to your new family off rip?

Joan moved closer to Zac.

Joan: I know this is not ideal but I figured this was going to happen sooner or later why not now?

Zac: yo real talk get the fuck out my face. The time for you to be in my life was 20 years ago. I don't need you now. I don't want you now. So you can take your perfect family and get the fuck out my grandparents house because we good over here. Right Liyah

Liyah: you fucking right.

Zeke: yo I'm not gone stand her and let you disrespect my mom. Show some respect that's still your mother.

Zac: then sit the fuck down or get put the fuck down because you had this lady in your life the whole time. Me and my sister didn't even get so much as a birthday card from her. The day their divorce was finalized she up and left no phone call or nothing, so I don't wanna hear that she still your mother bullshit because she for damn sure didn't act like one.

Zeke: I don't care about none of that. you still gone show some respect to my mother. It's not her fault your father was a broke no good ass husband.

Zac: yo what the fuck did you just say to me?