"So what's the problem?" Blue decided to get to the point. "When did it happen?"

"..Shortly after our last encounter, we found Dream gone." Nightmare started to explain.

It took a few repeats to relay all the information to everyone who needed it, but by the end of it, even Ink understood the fact that Dream needed help, although he didn't understand as much as the others exactly how desperate the situation was. He couldn't know of Dream's role..he would have singlehandedly made it common knowledge. But the fact that Dream was Nightmare's brother (and Blue's constant pressuring for Ink to "do the right thing") was enough to convince him to help.

"So, what's our plan now?" Ink wondered. 

"We have to find him." Error informed. "I've started a search through the codes, but it would take months to go through every universe to find him; I need a faster way." 

"I don't know any faster ways!" Ink shrugged. 

"What are you talking about?! You located 404 in less than an hour last time!"

"He was causing destruction to codes and plotlines last time; I can only sense that! I can't track people!"

"Well, that's just great." Nightmare buried his face in his hands; he should have just kept his brother home..Dream would have been safe, then. He would have been happy, then.

"Can't you track people with your aura?" Ink thought.

"I've tried; he's disrupting everything, somehow..I can't even make contact through dreams.."

"You can visit dreams?" Ink tilted his skull. "That's so cool!"

"..That's not important."

"Let's get back on track." Error suggested. "Nightmare, could you track them if you were in the same universe?"

"I should be able to, but how will we find the unvierse they're in? What if he's switching universes periodically?"

"Well..he knows that you're going to be the one looking for him the most desperately. Where would you hide from you?"

"..I have trouble navigating to universes that are sickeningly positive."

"..That's not knowledge he would possess."

"I have made it a point not to mention it often; this is..unfortunately a necessary time to do so."

"Well, we need common knowledge about you; what would make your powers weaker in the search for Dream?"

"Doesn't a lot of negativity get you, like, high, or something?" Ink volunteered some information.

"..." Nightmare looked up at Ink with disgust. "Do you have to phrase it like that?"

"Same effect, right?"

 The dark Guardian sighed. "Yes, when I am surrounded by overwhelming negativity..I tend to lose focus of reality occasionally..my powers become easier and more powerful to use, but harder to control..your point is unfortunately valid."

"So..a good place would be a highly negative universe." Error concluded.

"But Dream couldn't survive there.." Cross mentioned. "He'd..he's positive..it would kill him before the date 404 wants to meet up.."

"That is also true.." Nightmare nodded. "And..we do need to find him before then. We can't comply with the ransom, therefore he will have no incentive to..keep Dream alive.."

"What did he ask for?" Blue wondered. "Maybe we can get it for you."

"You can't; it was..something very personal and impossible to give up..I doubt he knows the weight of what he has asked for."