Chapter 37

I know you guys are supposed to beat me ehn 😭 I'm sorry. I have been really occupied and my phone spoilt. So you get! Enjoy this chapter sha🎀 thanks for 15k btw💖

                   ~Dante's Pov~

    I can't remember my heart ever beating this hard and fast in my life. Even in front of a gun, I have never been this scared.

    Why would Adrianna have run out like that? She looked so afraid like she had seen a ghost. I didn't even have time to check what made her react like that so I had to run after her. Unfortunately for me, it seemed like she had disappeared into think air by the time I got outside.

    I quickly drive my car out of the garage to look for her. She couldn't have gone far. She barely even knows the way here. How could she have gone back so fast?

   She should still be around here. I'm sure of it.
   After about 30 minutes of driving with no actual results, I start contemplating calling one of her brothers to ask if she's home. But they would kill me if they find out that the sister I took with me is no where to be found.

  Armando

How could I forget! I left Armando back home. Unfortunately, I don't even have his number to ask him about anything. That leaves me with Elio.
   I pick up my phone and dial his line. It keeps ringing with no response. After being directed to voicemail three times, I give up.

   I have just one choice now. I have to go to her house. Just as I'm about to round the corner, a call comes in.

Lily.

How did my mind not go to her? I pick up the call without any hesitation.

  "Dante". Her worried tone immediately informs me that something is wrong. I park my car in order to focus on the call.

  "Is it about Lily?". Dread fills me with  the silence that follows from her end.

  "Just come over. We are all in the living room". She hangs up leaving me with a million questions and a whole lot of dread.
  I start driving again while trying to get my head on straight so that I don't end up in the hospital.

    Soon enough, I'm in the Romero Mansion. The sight I open the door to, makes me feel a kind of fear that I have never had in my life.

   Right in the middle of the room, Adrianna is holding a knife while screaming at the top of her lungs. Everyone is circled around her trying to get her to drop the knife. The situation in the living room is the definition of chaos.

    My eyes scan her body. Her purple eye looks so bright and dark. Her facial expression screams pure terror and fear. She looks so afraid. Tears cascade down her cheeks profusely.  I succumb to the urge to hold her in my arms. I slowly advance towards her.

    Just when I'm about to close in on her, her eyes snap towards me. The one emotion I never thought I would ever see from her was directed at me.

Fear and pure resentment

What happened back there? I didn't do anything to her.

  "Adriann-". She screams loudly before I can even finish calling her name.

    "Don't call me. Don't come near me! Get out! Get out! I don't want to see that face! I don't want to see it! Get out!". She continued to yell like a broken record.

   "What did I do?! I don't even know what I did! Why should I leave?! You just ran away from my house. No word. And you are chasing me away? I'm not leaving. It's either you tell me what's going on or just keep yelling but I'm not leaving". She doesn't say a word back instead she looks like she calmed down.