Chapter 31

This chapter is dedicated to user04387128 💖 thanks for voting!
Enjoy the chapter!!!!

                 Adrianna's pov

  Dante smiles nervously at me and unexpectedly pulls me in for a hug. We stay there for a few seconds with the wooden door ajar. I turn my face up to look at him.
   "I told them you are coming. Just didn't tell them it's you specifically. Please handle this well".

    He pecks me on the forehead and gives me a reassuring nod. He takes my hand in his and tells me to lead the way. I look at him in disbelief.
   "Won't this just rile them up instead? ". He smiles at me.

   "Just trust me, love". We both walk into the living room with linked hands. Glares shoot from every direction at our linked hands. Emiliano looks like he could kill someone for sure.
    "Good day, Mr Romero. I am Dante and you must know my background already. I am Adrianna's boyfriend and soon to be father of our unborn child. I am here to take her to her doctor's appointment which will hold later in the day and also speak to you". I glance at father to see his reaction. That's a futile effort because I can't read his emotions due to his poker face.

    Before father can respond, Emiliano stands in front of Dante suddenly.
   "Let go of her hand". Dante only grips my hand tighter.
   "I said let go of her hand! ". Dante starts to lightly chuckle.

    "I think we are past holding hands. Don't you think? By the way, I am never letting go of her hand".  Dante's face turns from amused to dead serious in a split second.

    The sound of fist hitting flesh resounds in the air. Emiliano punched Dante! He punched Dante. Before I could move forward to hit him and give him a piece of my mind, Dante pulls me back into him and his familiar scent eventually calms me down instantly.
    "Nice to meet you too, Emiliano. Let's do well to get along. I am quite hungry, babe. Can we have something? You have also been standing for a while. You know it's not really good for our child". He looks at me with genuine worry in his eyes while brushing a stray hair away from my eyes. I stare at him in utter shock and disbelief. Even Emiliano looks defeated. Father, on the other hand, as a strange look in his eyes.

   "Let's go inside". Father suddenly speaks bringing everyone out of their thoughts.
   Dante takes my hand in his and we all walk to the sofas and take a seat. Lily walks into the kitchen and comes back with a plate of cookies and some soda.

    "So Dante, your father is the Italian Mafia leader, right?". A gloomy look comes over Dante's face. He nods.

   "Unfortunately, yes. I also know that you are not friends". Father stares at him without responding.
    "So how long have you been with my daughter?". And the questions continue. Dante handles every question thrown at him with poise and composure. And looked damn well sexy doing it. Only if they knew that I already had sex with him before we started dating. Oh well.

    "We have been together for four months now and I'm really happy I met her. Now, she is even the mother of my unborn child". Dante looks me in the eyes and smiles widely.
    Someone clears their throat which brings us out of our world. Father smiles widely giving us another reason to be baffled.

    "So Dante, Armando and Luca, who said he wants to monitor the child, will take Adrianna to the doctor this evening. Until then, Dante, make yourself at home. I look forward to seeing you more".
    Things just keep getting more interesting. I take Dante to my room and we cuddle on the bed till I fall asleep.

        *                      *                      *

    "Wake up lovebirds!" Lily's voice jerks me awake. I gently tap Dante who looks like the cutest thing alive. He stirs in his sleep with his jet black hair falling on his forehead.