Chapter 25

Author's note :
Hey y'all! Merry Christmas lovessss!!!💗💗 I hope you enjoy this chapter 💗💗 we are almost at 5k. I would have waited until we hit it but I want to give y'all an update as a gift. Vote and comment  as my gift o!!!
Don't forget to vote, follow and comment 🙊
Byeeee 💗

                     Adrianna's pov

     "I am pregnant".

  Their cutlery drops simultaneously. I close my eyes and wait for the next worst thing to happen.
"The fuck!!!? Who is the guy?  You are lying right?  You haven't even been here for six months and you are pregnant! Are you really a whore?". Emiliano angrily shouts.

     "Shut up! Don't you dare call my daughter that!". Alessandro yells at Emiliano.

    I close my eyes tightly hoping that by the time I open them, this would just turn out to be nothing more than a nightmare.
   Lily slips her hand into mine jerking me back to reality. Everyone has started to yell.
  I take a deep breath and pull myself together.
  "Enough!! Y'all have spoken enough. I will be the one to talk now and you will listen". Emiliano looks like he wants to explode in anger. I send him a glare warning him not to try anything. I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't injure him.

    I look them all in the eyes so that they can take me seriously. I can't take this bullshit anymore.
  "Yes, I'm pregnant. I just recently found out. It was a mistake while I wasn't in my right senses. Regardless of all of these, this child... My child... My child is not a mistake. I am not a whore either. I have only been with one person and he is the father of this child. Don't bother to ask. I'm not going to tell you his name. He knows of his child. I am not asking for anyone's permission or support. I will get a job if I need to and if you need me to move out, I will no questions asked. I only decided to tell you guys cause you are my family and I can't hide my pregnancy forever. Do you guys have anything to say? ". Their eyes stay on me and I instinctively put one hand over my belly.
    I look at my father trying to understand what he may be thinking.
   "I'm not going to lie. I am really disappointed in you. But regardless of that, I know you are very strong and I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself. You have decided to take on the responsibility of your child and I love that. But whatever what anybody says, I will support you. I will take care of you and my grandchild. You don't need to work a job if you don't want to. I will take you to the hospital tomorrow for your pre-natals. If anybody has an issue with all I said, you can leave my house. Lily, take Adrianna to her room".
   I wipe away the stray tears that had fallen when Dad was talking. I nod and Lily and I leave the dining.

    "Well... That was better than I imagined. You see your dad is on your side. You literally don't need anybody else". I nod, tired of talking. I drop backwards on my bed and use a pillow to cover my face.

    I just wish this would have been a total nightmare. I'm not going to lie, I'm really relived and happy with the fact that my dad is supporting me. I don't think I would be able to get a stable job because of my eyes anytime soon. I will still apply for some though. I don't want to depend on anyone. As for Emiliano, I don't even want to see his stupid face.
    Dante crosses my mind and tears threaten to spill out. He doesn't matter anymore. I will take care of my child myself. More so, I have people who will also take care of us. I don't need him. I just feel bad for my child. He or she wouldn't be able to get the love of a father. It feels like history is repeating itself. Although I later got my dad back, I don't think my child will ever his.

     I stand up from my bed to take my laptop so that I can complete my college applications. A baby won't stop me from going to school anyways.
    I take hold of the side of the table and it breaks. A gasp leaves my mouth which draws Lily's attention. She rushes over to my side and her eyes open widely at the broken table.

    "What happened?". She takes a hold of my hand. I don't know what happens next because all I hear is a loud scream from her.
   "Let go!! Let go! Please leave my hand! You are crushing it! ". I look downwards and see my hand squeezing her own really tightly. Except I don't feel like the hand was mine. My hand feels strange. Like it's not in my control.
    I try to drag my hand from hers. I use my other hand to pry my fingers away from hers but I was barely making any progress.
  "Please help us!!! Help us please!! Dad!!!". I start sobbing hard trying to get someone to help us. I can't imagine the pain Lily must be in. I don't even know what is happening to me.
   "Lily I don't know what is happening to my hand. Please try to breathe in and calm down. I'm sure someone will get her soon. Please calm down". Her terrified eyes calm down a notch at my words.
   I continue to pry my fingers off. With her help, I am able to get two fingers to let go. I hope someone gets here soon or else, things could really get worse .

                     Angelo's pov:

    "Dad, can I come in? ". I say from outside his door. He nods and gestures towards the seat in front of him.
    "I know you have something to tell me. What is it? ".
    I take a deep breath and start telling him about the bad things happening to my sister.

    "Okay, I continued to run tests on Adrianna and I didn't find out any good thing. From the last test I did on her blood, I found out something horrible. The chemicals that make her strong are growing at a very fast rate compared to how they have been for the past 13 years in her body. Along with this, the chemical that makes her self-heal, have started dying out. I also discovered another chemical in her body which I think is the one controlling her mind and soon enough, her body. I fear that with a child coming and the pregnancy hormones that will start soon, it may kill her and the child. So unless we find out how to stabilize those chemicals, she will be drawing closer to her death with every passing day".
   I look up at father to see his devastated face. I can't even imagine what must be running through his mind. He lost his daughter for years only to find out he may lose her again.

   "This is really bad. So what do you think we can do to handle this. O can't lose my child again".
   "Well... I think if she aborts the child, that could buy her some time. But knowing her, she won't so that's out of the question. The best but most difficult option would be to find the scientist before things get worse so that he can treat her. But finding him would be really hard to do".

    "That's it then. Find him. I need him here in a month and nothing less".
   I was about speaking when I heard  panicked voices from her room.
    "Help us!!! Please help us!! Dad! ". That's Adrianna. Father and I share a look and bring out our guns. We rush to her room but we meet something I have been afraid of.

   Good lord.

Drop a 💗 for the next chapter and don't forget to vote!!