Chapter 32

This chapter is all for Lily and guess who? 🙊

Hope you enjoy this! 💖
And to both my active and ghost readers, thank you for reading so far and putting up with this lazy writer😭
But PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!! Kindly vote on my chapters so that my rankings can increase and I can consequently get more reads💓 Thank you all in advance🙊
Boobaiii 💓

                         Lily's pov

  My joy right now cannot be put into words. Luca just told us about the twins we are now expecting.
   The only bummer right now is the surgery that Adrianna has to go through. I know she can handle it and it's not a major surgery but I can't help but worry about her. She's my best friend and like my sister after all.

   Right now, I'm looking over some baby pictures that I want to put up on the nursery walls. I can't wait for Adri to be back so that we can start decorating and start shopping for the twins. I'm so excited. I start to feel thirsty and head downstairs to get some water and probably snacks.

    As I am going through the fridge, Emiliano walks in. Whether he noticed me or not, I couldn't be sure. Or maybe he is just ignoring me...

   "Can I get a bottle? ". He asks softly without sparing a glance at me.
Yup, he definitely noticed me then.
    Craving to quickly get out of the kitchen, I take out a bottle and give him. I pick out a packet of Cheetos and some popcorn and start to make my way out of the kitchen.

   "Lily". I halt in my tracks. He says my name like he has more to say.
The chair creaks behind me and his footsteps grow closer to me. I refuse to face him as my resolve was already getting weakened hearing my name roll off his tongue.

   I feel his arms swarm around me and his familiar scent fills my nose. Tears prick my eyes when I realize what he is doing. It's been so long since we have been this close. This intimate. So long... Why is he doing this again?

   "Let go of me, Emiliano". My voice comes out firm shocking even me. I am so close to loosing my composure right now.

   "I am so sorry, Lily. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was really angry and everything just happened. I never intended to do that. I can't lose you, Lily. Please forgive me". Tears start to prick my eyes as I start to remember that day.

A month ago

   I rush out of my class as soon as the closing bell rings. I go to the parking lot hoping to see Emiliano and sort things out with him.

    We kind of hooked up last week and I realized I have feelings for him. The had told me some days earlier that he also likes me. We aren't dating yet,but soon?

   Yesterday was really hard for us and the family and Emiliano has been quiet and moody since yesterday. I really wish I could help Adrianna. And with the baby on the way, she has been getting really cranky these days. I hope she gets better soon.

   Emiliano will never admit but Adrianna's condition affects him more than anything. He acts tough and insensitive but he really isn't. Well, maybe a little insensitive but he really loves her so much.

   When I don't see any traces of Emiliano, I go back to the hallway to look for Elio because they may be together. I am about to turn the corner when I see something that makes my heart drop.

   Right in front of me is Emiliano and one of Stacy's minions locking lips. I start to walk backwards trying not to make a sound as sobs start cracking through my body. I will never let him see me this way.
But unfortunately, that didn't go as planned.

   The note book in my hands manages to drop to the ground and it alerts them. Emiliano's eyes meet mine and a flash of shock crosses his features. And I do the next best thing that comes into my mind.

I run. I run as fast as I can blocking out everything around me. I run all the way home and spend the whole day crying.
Since then, I avoided him religiously.

*flashback ended*

    "Let go of me Emiliano. You don't have any right to come near me". With the last resolve I have, I push his hands off me.

   Against my initial will, I turn to face him.
   "You think you can play with me and  I will behave like everything is fine? You want to hear it? Yes you hurt me!and I hate you so damn much! You didn't think twice before hurting me. Kissing her of all people!? But honestly, I have no right to get angry anyways, it's not like we were together anyways so I'm sorry for interfering in your personal life. I will be on my way now". I wipe off the stray tears on my face feeling incredibly pathetic. The hurt look on his face gives me some kind of joy and pain at the same time.

    "I'm really sorry. Please just let me explain myself". When I don't move away, he takes it as his cue and continues.

   "I didn't mean to kiss her that day. She kissed me and I didn't move away. That's on me. I know this doesn't make it better but I really didn't mean to do that. I don't care if we are not together because I really love you. I'm not saying this to get you back. I'm saying this to get it off my chest. These past few months with you ignoring my existence, not arguing with me, has been killing me everyday. It made me realize how much you mean to me. I'm really sorry for what I put you through. If you still don't want to talk to me, I totally understand. Please just forgive me". I just nod not having anything to reply with. I can feel the sincerity behind his words but the question is, will I be able to forget what happened?

   "Just give me some time". As I turn away, my eyes meet another pair.

Elio

The hurt in his eyes is so glaring. I don't even know how much he had heard.

   "How could you?". Elio asks with a slight break in his voice.  The question doesn't sound directed at me and I'm correct because his eyes are looking at Emiliano.

   Before I can even ask what is going on,  Elio storms off.

What the heck just happened?

Author's note:

    Dum Fum Summmmm
It seems like something else is going on guys😩 
I'll update real soon just hang in there guys🙊
Please vote, comment and follow guys💖💓 boobaii