Chapter 8

Third person pov

    After Adrianna washed her face and thought over everything that had happened over the last hour, she went downstairs. By now, Rock is outside the door.

    She opens the door and as she is about to move towards the stairs, she turns back abruptly catching Rock off guard. The expression on his face brings a slight smile to her face but she wipes it off almost immediately although he sees a glimpse of it.

"Do you know where Elio's room is?"
Rock nods his head in response and starts leading her to his room.  

   Adrianna wouldn't under normal circumstances go to any of her brothers but she needed a distraction and shopping might just be her best bet. Another part of her just needed to get out of the house.

    Rock stopped at the front of a dark blue mahogany door. Adrianna muttered a quick thank you to him. She knocked on the door and after hearing a low "come in", she entered the room.

   The first person she saw was Emiliano and thinking he might still be pissed off about the incident, she turned to leave but was stopped.

"Why are you leaving? Did you come to see Elio? You can talk to him and I can leave if you want". Emiliano faced her.

   Adrianna took a minute to scrutinize his body language and when she came to the conclusion that he wasn't pretending, she spoke.

"You can stay. I just wanted to ask Elio something and it may include you anyways. Can we still go shopping for the school supplies?" She asked with a nonchalant attitude. She didn't want to show them that she actually cared a little about what their answer could be.

   "If you are sure about it, we can definitely go. Emiliano, do you want to follow us or you will stay behind and get some rest? " Elio started changing his top because of the blood stain on it. Adrianna felt a little bad for being the cause of that but she also felt a little proud of the strength she has.

   She also noticed that she felt lighter after the fight as if some weight had been lifted off her shoulders. But even with that, she still felt like hitting something again. She put her hands in a fist behind her and flashed them a fake smile. They weren't fools to believe it though.

  "I will stay behind. I can follow you another day. But you have to buy some things for me too" Emiliano says with a goofy smile that hasn't come across his face in a long time.

   Adrianna felt almost tempted to give him a huge kiss on his cheek because he looks really cute. But of course, the keyword here is almost.

   She just responded with a smile and nodded. Elio, who was slightly surprised at his twin's behavior, felt happy that the two were finally getting along.

   "Let's go, Ria" Elio slightly ruffled her hair and walked out of the room. She went stiff at the sudden touch but felt happy at the sound of her new nickname. It looked they are finally warming up to her.

   Adrianna followed him out of the house. Her breath got stuck in her throat when she saw the garage.

   There were about a 100 cars, if not more, in the garage. No doubt, they are all expensive. The sight made her once again feel like asking questions about how rich they are. Despite the bugging in her mind, she kept quiet for the meanwhile.

"Which car do you like?"
"Huh? What do you mean? " She seemed genuinely confused which amused Elio. He let out a slight chuckle at her question.

"I mean which car do you want us to drive to the mall? "
"We can take any one! Won't Dad get angry or annoyed? " She asked worried. Although her father seemed to really care about her, she didn't want to piss him off so early.