Chapter 29

Hope you enjoy this chapter 💗 Don't forget to vote! This chapter is dedicated to AlexisB_1124 . Thanks for the votes so far🙊 means a lot 💗

                         Angelo's pov

      Sitting with Alessandro in Dad's office, my brain starts calculating everything that had just occurred. If my thoughts are correct, we can save Adrianna.

    "Despite everything, this is the best news for us". I told them.
Alessandro turns to me and father follows suit.
   "How so? It's not as if we have a concrete lead". Alessandro points out.

   "It's not about the concrete lead. This helps us keep Adrianna alive. Something is going wrong with her and I'm sure it has everything to do with the chemicals in her system fighting against her. And with the baby on the way, we have to find a solution fast. Thankfully, we have found the creator of this and it's possible he could have a solution for us". They both stare at me for some seconds before nodding in agreement.

  "OK. That makes a lot of sense. We will speak to Luca as soon as he wakes up. This is the best news I have heard in a while. We will find the mastermind soon at this rate ". Father said with hope glimmering in his eyes. I haven't seen him like that in a long time.

     I hope everything goes has we want it to. I leave his office and head to my room to get all my research together so that I can easily get them to Luca and work with him.

                      Adrianna's pov

    I'm resting in my room thinking about everything that has happened over the past day. Imagining if Luca didn't help me then, I would have been long dead.

    A ping comes from my phone and I open it to check what message had come in. A frown finds itself on my face almost immediately.

Dante: Can we talk today? I really need to talk to you.

    I contemplate whether to go or not but there's no harm in hearing him out. No matter what he says though, I won't let him have access to my child. He already denied his child, so let's keep it that way. I will be both the mother and father for my kid.

    Moreover, I'm not doing anything today so I might as well meet up with him.

Me: okay. Where?

   Almost immediately, i see the typing icon.

Dante: The Slauson cafe.

   I react to his message with a thumbs up emoji. The cafe isn't far anyways. It's a five minute walk from here.
   I get up and look for my jeans to wear. I remember that I haven't had my bath yet so I go to the bathroom to quickly wash up.

     As I get out of the bathroom, I see Lily on my bed with her back laid on the sheets. She turns to face me with a confused look on her face.

  "Where are you going to?". She looks me up and down as I'm wearing my jeans.

   "Oh. I'm going to see Dante. He said he wants to talk apparently and I don't really see the harm actually. We are meeting at Slauson cafe. And you don't need to worry about me. I can handle myself". I look at the mirror and notice my small bump. Now that I think about it, I will be able to know my child's gender soon. I can't wait to start buying the baby stuff. But at the same time, I'm really scared for my kid. What if I'm a bad mum?  Or worse, the chemicals in my body transfer to its body? I can't imagine what my kid might have to go through.

   I see fingers snap in front of my eyes and I realize that I had zoned out.
  "You zoned out on me. Anyways, if anything goes wrong, I'm just one phone call away. I'll get you immediately. When you are done, call me, I'll pick you up. Don't come back late. You need to rest". I smile at her.