Chapter 3

Adrianna

    Few minutes after arriving at the office, greetings erupted from every corner of the building. Confused, I looked up from the book I was reading.

   A tall, handsome man that looks like he is in his fifties, stormed in with searching eyes. They finally landed on me.

   He has beautiful green eyes that turned gentle after landing on me. The social worker stood up and walked towards him. Almost immediately, the softness that was in his eyes was gone in a flash. It was replaced with an emotionless mask that suddenly made him look scarier, if possible, than before.

"Good day Mr Romero. How was your flight? Your daughter is there. You can take her now and the paper will be delivered to you soon". The woman, whose name I still don't know, looked really nervous. Well, I would be too.  Unfortunately, I am not exactly scared of anything.

     The man didn't even spare her a glance and just walked towards me. He reached to hold my hand but I just stood up on my own with my poker face on. I can't let them get to me. Family or not, I don't care.

    A flash of hurt passed his eyes but he just turned and walked out of the office. Well, that's my cue!

When we got outside, a Bugatti La Voiture Noire car was waiting for u- wait what???
How rich is this man??

     I will find out soon enough. We entered the car with a driver in front. I nodded as a sign of greeting towards him and he gave a slight smile back. 

    Soon enough, we arrived at the airport. Considering I have never been here before, I looked around the place mesmerized. I even almost fell on the escalator. Humiliating is a royal understatement.

    We got on the plane and I think I just slept for most of it, at least after using almost 30 minutes to look at the clouds.

     I got tapped on the shoulder which made me jerk forward in panic. I am too alert for my own good. 'My father' was looking at me with a hint of curiosity in his eyes.

"Let's go tesoro " Then he went ahead to pat my head gently. I don't know why I didn't swat his hand away or move away. Instead, I relaxed. This is new.

   We left the plane and entered another car which I guess will be taking us home. Home. I don't know if I can call it that just yet.

    The car came to a halt and the driver came down to open the doors. I can help myself, thank you. But I didn't say that to avoid any kind of human interaction. 

      The exterior design of the house welcomed me. The house looked more like a glass castle to me. Let's just hope that the people that live in it are at least partially beautiful.

    Two guards come to welcome Mr Romero with a bow. Only God knows who this man actually is.

   We walk in through the maroon colored door which by the way was opened with a remote. I have a feeling that might work against me later.

    The 'living room' looks like an elegant hall to say the least. Interrupting my thoughts, Mr Romero speaks.

"I will get one of the guards to take you to your room. It is exactly how it was. I couldn't bring myself to change anything. I will be back by dinner time when you will meet your brothers" His eyes softened as he spoke about my room. But that only confused me further. What did he mean? Exactly as it was?

    A guard stood beside me before I could recover from my utter confusion.

"You can follow me, Miss" He nodded towards the staircase.

"You can call me Adrianna" what is the use of being so formal?

"I am afraid I can't do that,miss"

    After that, he didn't bother to talk further or explain what he meant. He started going up the stairs. I immediately followed not desiring to be lost today.

    After three thousand years! We finally arrived at the room. He bowed and left. I slowly opened the door.

    I am shocked is an understatement. The room looks strangely familiar and welcoming. The colour theme of the big room is purple. There were teddy bears all over the bed but in an organized manner.

    I plopped on the bed and let the soft mattress. I have not felt so comfortable in a very long time. Before I knew it, I sleep off.

Alessandro's pov

   I am on the plane right now to go and pick up my tesoro. My daughter.

   I haven't seen her for 13 years. These past 13 years has been very dark for my family. Nothing was the same anymore. I never stopped looking for her but I didn't get any leads.

   When I got the call today, I couldn't explain how much joy I was feeling. But nothing could have prepared me for what I saw.

     After landing, I immediately rush over to the office. I want to get my daughter in my arms as soon as possible.

   When I reach there, I totally ignore every greeting that was directed towards me. Although this is not my territory, I am still very well-known and feared here.

   I storm in impatiently. I try to use my eyes to search for my girl and I fin-

   Her head is bent reading a book. I think she felt my gaze because she stared right back.

    She's different. One of her eyes is green and the other purple. What could have happened to my baby girl? She had two green eyes. My eyes. I will have to look into it when we get home.

    After listening to whatever the woman was saying, I walked towards my girl to take her. As I reached to take her hand, she stood up on her own with a face I couldn't read.

   Although I am hurt that she didn't want to so much as take my hand talk less of hugging me, I lead the way either way.

    Even with her poker face on, the little pecks of surprise that slipped through them did not go unnoticed. She must have not been on a plane before. Before I knew what was happening, she slept off.

   Two hours later, we landed. I tapped her shoulder to make her wake up. She jerked awake with her body on very high alert. I was confused until I noticed that she must be panicking. I did something I haven't done in the last 13 years.

   I gently patted her head and eventually she relaxed.

    We got off the plane and drove to the house. When the driver opened the door for her, I noticed a slight frown on her face. It only made me amused. Well, that hasn't changed then. She used to dislike anybody helping her even when she was small.

     I led her in to the living room and let her look around. During that time, I sent a text to the boys to be home by evening. I also called one of the guards and told him to take Adri to her room in a while. I will take her on a tour myself later.

   I also told Miss May, our cook and the children's nanny to prepare Adrianna's favorite foods for tonight's dinner. She looked really happy. Life is finally returning to this home.

I went to meet my baby.

"I will get one of the guards to take you to your room. It is exactly how it was. I couldn't bring myself to change anything. I will be back by dinner time when you will meet your brothers" My eyes softens as I remember how much she loved that room. Her mum had designed it herself. Hopefully, she still loves it.

    After that the guard went to stand beside her. Not having anything to do there, I went back to my home office. I don't want to leave my baby girl alone again. I won't let history repeat itself again. I promise Adrianna.

Author's note:
Yay! Our dear Adri has met her father. Will her brothers have the same reaction and love her the same way or they would treat her badly?
Let's just see, I guess😩
Don't forget to vote and comment
I also need your thoughts on names I could use for her brothers
Help an author out here guys! 😩💖
Byeee💖