Chapter11: Warm embraces

A/n: Stream Maestro guys...Cuz Seventeen ARe the MAeSTro...

Anyhoo back to the story again

_________________

"It's to steer the public opinions regarding his legitimacy."

Seungkwan couldn't really blame or hate Jeonghan for Chan's misery.

He had no hand in it. If anything, Jeonghan himself was a victim, a tool of this whole conspiracy and royal mess. He was a tool used for the gain of the ambitions of the greedy adults just like Chan.

It was the greed,shallowness and narrow mindedness of people that caused Chan's misery.

Neither one was at fault in regards to their parents actions, decisions and the consequences led by it.

Neither one was at fault for being born. Being born wasn't something they had a say in. No one asks to be born. We are borne of choice both by our parents and God's will.

Being born should be a privilege that we get but.... Seungkwan couldn't really say how it is suppose to be a privilege when it caused so much suffering, misery and conflict to the said individuals.

So Jeonghan was no doubt, a victim to her mother's greed and schemes....But could she really blame the late Queen Scythe?

His heart couldn't really blame her or be angry at her for trying to be selfish with her decisions....he couldn't understand why. Her actions and decisions brought so much suffering to many people, her poor past and struggles in the royalty shouldn't justify it.

If what the Queen had wanted was legitimacy over the throne for her son, it'd make sense that she'd tweak the prophecy in her son's favour or even forge a false prophecy for her son.

Her magical prowess was powerful,they say. So, perhaps it won't be so impossible for her to make the clouds turn purple, set the skies ablaze with lightning and sound them with thunders while seeming hallucinations of heavenly creatures descend from the skies with trumpets and blaring horns and multiple voices saying all the same:

" Fret not, people of Eniama. Thou hast not been forsaken. Lo, she comes in all flesh and glory three days forth from today, pruned in purple locks of  silver moonlight under the embrace of the sun under the eyes of the moon and the stars, swaddled in purple and red robes, she lives once again among the flesh. Rejoice, Rejoice for she comes still, the incarnate of the Founding mother of Eniama."

The people listened with wonder. Waiting in anticipation with glimpses of hope in their eyes that the Purple Plague shall soon come to pass with the birth of the founding mother's incarnate.

The purple plague was a deadly plague that took the lives of many.

The name was derived from its characteristic symptom shown by the infected individuals in which their lips turn purple and their skins become pale till they slowly turn to a purplish dull hue at the later stages of the sickness. The infected individuals usually experience parasomnia or Insomnia resulting from frequent sleep paralysis, it's severity varying from person to person. Infected individuals often have heightened mental awareness of their surroundings and their own body's functions including their heartbeats, breaths,stomachs churning,etc. Hence, they tend to be very sensitive and are very much on edge. They can hardly eat without throwing up half of the food. Loss of appetite and sleep only worsen their already weak body systems. And if they ever experience diarrhoea, the fatality rate increases by a tenfold.

Thus the small population of the tiny kingdom of Eniama decreased by one-fourth at the end of just 13 days. Jeonghan was born on the midnight of the 13th day of the plague. His birth brought forth a miracle on the morning of the 14th day as the infected individuals woke up in all their health and vigor in blooming colours of rosy flesh. The purpleness was gone, taken away by the spindles of the hair of the founding mother. The supposed crown princess, Jeonghan was born with purple hair, exactly three days from the prophecy. The Queen and the royal priests then declared him the crown princess before the delighted subjects of Eniama in all pompous celebrations and noises. He was born exactly on the blood moon midnight, the very  hour, all the ghosts of Lamlaih have passed through the kingdom. Thus the people glorified the little crown princess who bore no womb. But they did not know that. No one needed to know.