Chapter 1: At the Queen's castle

Once upon a time in a far far away kingdom of Eniama, shrouded from the sights of normal people, lived a lonely queen in a massive palace with lots of servants.(beware) they say. The Queen was a mystery. No one had ever seen- her face or her body but a mere shadow or dark figure of her behind the giant veil separating the eyes of the people from her.The only thing they ever saw was her palanquin moving...Her signature blood red palanquin embodying the very symbol of mystery,power, curiosity, authority and fear.

She,they said was ruthless.

She,they said was no human but a demon in the guise of an enigmatic woman.

She,they said was a witch. A very ugly one, shy from the prying eyes of the people hid herself in anonymity.

Even her name was shrouded with anonymity. Therefore she was rather synonymous with Her majesty or just the Queen...

The kingdom of Eniama was rather a lively kingdom filled with colours and buzzing with life much contradictory to the dark, gloomy monochromatic castle of the enigmatic Queen where life seemed to froze as the only noise was the sound of crows,bats n the wind chimes on the Queen's red palanquin.

Even the servants serving the Queen are strange, people say.

They have never seen the servants or even a living soul apart from the Queen ever leave the castle. The servants are cladded in dull white robes,they say.

Their faces are covered with a thin black veil and their footsteps are light as ever. It was as if they never threaded on the ground but on thin air.

It was chillingly silent and the silence felt deadly and uncomfortable.

Despite the big number of servants serving the Queen in the castle, the castle felt empty n dead. It was as if no life was present in it.

"(Psst) Mingyu!Do you really think it's a good idea?" Seungkwan called to his clumsy friend Mingyu who is trying to climb over the castle walls using his personal knight,Wonwoo as a support.

"I can't afford to lose it. It's my mom's last gift to me,boo." Mingyu whispered back.

Seungkwan just sigh in defeat. He knew that it was their only chance to enter the castle when the servants and the people of the castle are busy in preparations for the blood moon ceremony which will happen on the 8th day from today. And who knows until that day when all the officials of the kingdom including Mingyu shall gather to the castle, when and which greedy servant or clueless dummy will have found and picked the precious necklace up in all delight and rejoice.

Mingyu can't let that happen. He is too attached to the necklace afterall it's the only remnant of her precious mother. And both Seungkwan and Wonwoo felt bad for him and couldn't really leave him alone when Mingyu stubbornly and dumbly decided to trespass the castle grounds. Besides they are both responsible for him.

Not to mention they both are close friends of Mingyu and sincerely cares about him. Wonwoo is Mingyu's personal knight while Seungkwan is Mingyu's personal attendant or secretary.

Seungkwan is a pale skinned 16 year old boy with chubby cheeks but a lithe body. He is Mingyu's childhood friend.He knew Mingyu since he was 5 yrs old. Seungkwan's father is a scholar and is a really good friend of Mingyu's father and he had worked as an advisor cum secretary to Mingyu's father. Seungkwan followed in his father's steps and is now currently the advisor cum secretary to Mingyu.

While Wonwoo is the son of a loyal vassal under Mingyu's father and Wonwoo met Mingyu when he was 10 years old when his father brought him to the capital to let him train as the personal knight of Mingyu.