[148] The Girl From the Song

Start from the beginning

"...Yuzuru, quiet," I commanded and the world listened. Her lips shut up and I felt a dozen eyes on me. A complicated mixture of emotions bubbled in Ai's eyes, and I had no interest in letting her guilt continue.

"It's not like that, I got 200k yen from just a few songs. My singing sells a lot, I was not 'begging' like she is saying."

I shouldn't have said that too as I saw Yuzuru's eyes sparkle.

I didn't wanna let go of her lips but I was curious what she had to say. After I let my command drop, her lips parted and she said, "That's why you need to do a duet! It will sell a lot! Our channel is growing so much, it'll help us! Come on, just one song will do!"

Ugh, this kid's persistent.

I looked at Tsubasa in the chair, she too was looking at me and wore a smile on her lips. She liked the banter that unfolded just now.

"Won't you sing?" She whispered to me, "I'll forgive you if you do." So she knew why I was here. "I wanna hear you sing."

I rubbed the back of my head and sighed. My eyes caught the laptop screen, and I blinked. It was the YouTube page that was under Shoko. It was on the creator page and I could see the earnings it was making.

'Whoa.' It's just been two months since the account was made, but it has earned quite a bit already.

I leaned down a little to whisper to her, "We're not taking anything from here right? It's her personal account."

"Of course. We're only taking 1% of it as a formality since it's still managed by our agency." Tsubasa let me know.

Great. With this much money, they must have even moved out of their old apartment. Or maybe not, Shoko would have told me if they had. Perhaps they took care of their debt with this. It's about $17,000, it's not bad money.

"Fine," I stood back straight and agreed. "What do you want me to sing?"

"Well, if it's a song by Camila as Yuzuru said, and one that's duet-worthy," Ai said, "There is only one that comes to mind.'

I sighed at that. Really, Señorita again? I was playing it just last night too.

I had memories with that song, good ones that have turned bad at one point, but now it was all nostalgic all the same.

"I'll go get my guitar," I said and walked out of the room.

"But wasn't it going to be a duet? Aren't you going to sing?!" Yuzuru yelled from the back and I just waved at her.

"I'll do both,"

"Oh."

I returned with my guitar a minute later and stood beside Shoko. She looked a little nervous yet greatly excited. Ambient, soft music began to pulse in the area as I began to hit my guitar strings.

Last night I managed not to fall into a memory lane since my mind was sharp and ready to seduce a woman, but now it became harder to focus. My memories wanted to wander. So I let it be, allowing my fingers loose while memories flashed before my oldened eyes.

"I love it when you call me señorita, I wish I could pretend I didn't need ya, But every touch is ooh, la-la-la, It's true, la-la-la, Ooh, I should be running, Ooh, you keep me coming for ya..." Shoko said her verse, and then my lips moved.

****

****

****

"Land in Miami, The air was hot from summer rain, Sweat dripping off me Before I even knew her name, la-la-la, It felt like ooh, la-la-la~"