[71] Rescuing Merfolks

Chapter 71: Rescuing Merfolks

The building was twelve stories high, and my [Jade Perception] said the merfolks were on the basement floor.

The guards were scattered across all the floors, though the basement naturally held most of them. I was on the very top floor, and currently I was hiding behind an open door frame.

"This is boring," I heard a guard say as he crossed paths with another guard.

They patrolled in opposite directions, so every few minutes they'd cross paths and stop for a chat. Now was that time.

"That's the job." The other guard stopped too and shrugged.

Though I called them guards and they did carry military-grade rifles, I could sense traces of mana inside their guns. In their barrels. They were carrying magic bullets. If I'm not careful, it might be fatal even for me.

"When will the Captain return?" The first guard, let's call him Guard A, asked Guard B.

"Eh, not sure. He doesn't have any reason to return to the base unless he gets into trouble in the sea. To begin with, he's in the sea because it's safer than the land. At least for someone with his skill set."

"Ah right, he's part of the Leviathan Clan. I keep forgetting it since he's a lot of other things." Guard A concluded, which gave me a lot of information to go with.

I knew whoever the Captain of this Pirate crew was, was a Dark Mage in the past. But to think he was a devil, too. A part of the Leviathan Clan, known for sea-related powers.

Does this Captain have that unique ability – Sea Serpent of the End? If he does, it might make things troublesome if I have to resort to fighting him in the sea.

"Let's continue the stroll," Unfortunately the guards didn't give me anything else to work with. They began to separate, their backs facing one another.

They passed by my door, and I took that chance to step between them. Before they could turn around and register me, my hands held their shoulders.

[Fulmination of Cyclone]

The Underlord technique that was used to render the Jaguar Warrior into a cluster of flesh and bones surged out of my hands. I lowered the intensity to keep the effect within their bodies, as I didn't want some kind of sensor within the other guards to sense my Qi.

While [Wrath of the Roaring Sky] turned enemies to dust, this technique did a more gorey job as it disassembled the body into chunks.

The technique coursed through their veins and left it blasted, causing the two men's mouths, noses, eyes, and ears to burst into blood as they gently fell to the floor.

"Floor 12, clear." I muttered as I looked at their communication devices to make sure the electricity destroyed those too.

There was nobody else on this floor. But the lower the floor went, I could sense the numbers growing.

It was really easy to raid this building, as it wasn't enchanted by magic to stop my senses. With the help of my Copper Eyes and Jade Perception, it was as if playing a shooting game with "Wall Hack". I didn't waste time and went down to the 11th floor.

....

I moved fast, there was no need to waste time. The more time passed, the more chances of someone realizing that their number was being cut down.

In under ten minutes, I managed to finish all the floors. A total of 66 guards were on the floors, and I dealt with them all.

This was a pretty big organization if they could have 66 guards on side watch, while a larger number waited in the basement.