[77] What, You Think You're Some Kind of Emperor?

Chapter 77: What, You Think You're Some Kind of Emperor?

"You're up?"

In Mem-Cho's bedroom in this hotel skyscraper, a warm and cozy atmosphere embraced her as she woke up. The walls on the side were made of glass, offering a breathtaking view of the morning sunlight that shone down on the metropolis outside. Light streamed in through the windows, and gentle sunshine flooded the room with its warmth. Mem slowly woke up, wiggling in my arms.

"Mhm, yeah," she wiggled and turned to face me. Her eyes locked with mine for a bit before she lowered her head into my chest. "I'm up... it wasn't a dream."

Did she almost think it was a dream? That was adorable. I ran a hand through her hair and snickered. "That's why I didn't sleep. I also thought it was a dream, and it was one that I didn't want to wake up from. So I stayed awake while staring at you."

"...." she looked up without moving her head. "Liar." She bit down on my chest as I pretended to wince. "Stop lying to me. You lied enough last night to get in my pants."

"Why would I lie~? I really was staring at your face all night long... well, you only got two hours of sleep, we were up for most of the night." I didn't feel like sleeping at that point so I rather spent my time staring at her face - though unlike the romantic highlight, I was making it out to be, I was doing that to contemplate how I should convince her of my stupid plan.

Mem-Cho hid her face against my chest, but I could see her smile. She didn't argue or call me a liar again, she put her arms around me.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

"A little... I want your lips." She said and gosh did I begin to feel guilty. I leaned in and caught her lips, melting my tongue inside her mouth. She closed her eyes and began to suck on my tongue.

The kiss ended with a plop and Memmy blushed at me. "How are you so good at this? How many people have you kissed, Aqua?"

I just smiled at that, she wouldn't like the answer. I tried to get up from the bed. She reluctantly let go of my body as I got off and grabbed some snacks from the plastic bag from last night. There were... KitKats in there, I grabbed a few and handed it over to her.

"So..." she accepted and began to unwrap the packets. She broke the four bars into two parts, reaching out one for me. I took it and she smiled, putting a bar inside her mouth. "We are like girlfriend-boyfriend now? Can I give you a cute nickname?"

How does this girl keep making me feel more and more guilty? I rarely felt this way. I let out a dry chuckle as I looked to the side, avoiding her eyes for a moment. It was brief but she noticed it. She might have just brushed it off, but when my smile vanished and I looked back at her, she was looking back at me with a frown.

"What?"

"You can call me anything you want. My name, some nickname, whatever you wish. But uh, we can't be girlfriend-boyfriend."

"...."

When I began to start talking, her frown began to lessen. She even smiled. But by the time I finished talking, she was staring at me with a blank face. Her sweet smile was gone.

"I see. I understand."

I saw her expressionless reaction and felt a pang of pain run through my heart. "Let me explain?"

"You don't need to. I understand," she got up and began to get dressed. "I'm sorry, I got the wrong idea. You were drunk, I understand why you might tell some weird lies in that state. The fault is mine that I believed them."