𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

---

---

"Two of the inmates, Myles and Smart, tried to basically incite a riot and escape," I tell Melissa as I lay across my bed in the RV. "It ended in a murder-suicide, though."

"Oh, well I guess that wasn't very smart."

"Melissa!"

The girl in question on the opposite end of the FaceTime screen laughs. "Look, it had to be done!" she jokes. "I just . . . wow, you're, like, insane, girl."

"I feel it sometimes," I admit. "And sometimes I also feel so bad that I don't want to be going to these places. Like, I've traveled to more places in the last year than I've been my whole life."

"Oh, my God, wait," Melissa says with a giggle. "Mr. Grimaldi is probably so proud of you for that."

I let out a laugh, shaking my head at the mention of my junior year U.S. history teacher. He encouraged all of us to go and travel any chance we could, especially within our own country.

"No, he actually is," I tell her. "He follows me on Instagram. He comments under the pictures that I post about the locations I've been to. He's always like I hope you visited—insert national landmark in that state here."

"Ah, Mr. Grimaldi," Melissa sighs. "So, you're headed to the location right now?"

"Yeah," I confirm. "We just got done talking to a woman who allegedly got shanked by a ghost."

Melissa's brows quirk. "Say what now?"

I explain how we met with Heather Gregory, a paranormal investigator, who got shanked by a ghost.

"Not only that," I continue. "She warned us about maximum security and told the guys that if a female spirit likes them, they'll make it known."

"Like, they'll be targeted?"

"In a way, yes," I agree, setting my jaw at the thought of a freaking ghost feeling up any one of the guys. "They basically get touched and pinched and you can't ignore it because that's when shit happens."

Melissa leans into the camera, her eyes analytical. "Dude, are you jealous of the fucking ghosts?" she asks me. "Like, are you jealous that they might—"

"No, I'm not jealous!" I deny, shaking my head as I sit up. "What the hell makes you think that?"

"You're getting so defensive!" Melissa argues. "Like, are you jealous thinking that a ghost may get further with Dakota than you have?"

My eyes widen and I shush her immediately. "One, please keep your voice down; the RV is not the best for privacy," I tell her. "And two, there's nothing to be jealous of. Dakota and I, it's not like that. So, no, I'm not jealous because that's such a weird thing to be jealous of."