𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

---

---

Time seemed to move incredibly fast after the road trip.

I will say that I feel as though I slept for a week after I came home, barely leaving my room, only to eat and shower. The nightmares still happened, though when I was in my own bed, they weren't as frequent. I hung out with my friends a lot, especially before we all left for college. Melissa moved away and though it was sad, I knew that there would be time to visit.

Dakota had been keeping us all up to date on things show-related, and finally, two months after we completed the road trip, we were able to post publicly about it. It was one of my first Instagram posts and it garnered more attention than I thought it would.

But, even then, time continued to pass. A week after announcing that yes, I am going to be on a television show, to the world, I had my college orientation. Want to hear how pathetic I am?

When asked to give a fun fact, I drew a complete blank.

On one hand, I didn't want to mention the show every chance I got, because that would make me seem stuck up. But even without the show, the fact that I stayed overnight or that I did paranormal investigations would have been an awesome fun fact. But no, I did no such thing.

A week after that, school began. College, to me, wasn't any different than high school in terms of workload. I had gone to a college prep high school, though, so maybe that was why. We inched closer and closer to the premiere date. We weren't doing a lot of outside promo, mostly because we were a new show and it was focused mainly on the channel itself. It was strange, seeing myself in a 'coming attraction' style trailer on television, but also incredibly cool.

One of our biggest breaks came, though, in the form of a daytime television show.

Dakota had called me just a couple days before Destination Fear was set to air and mentioned that we had been invited as guests on The Kelly Clarkson Show for their Halloween episode. The show isn't live, so we'd have to tape our episode beforehand, but it was still publicity for the show.

That's how I end up sitting in a green room backstage in Hollywood, California, a makeup artist and hairstylist making me up for our appearance. It's just Dakota and I, since they wanted the mastermind behind the show and the lone female to go on and promote it. I wasn't told that, it's just what I assume.

Since it's the Halloween episode, we were told to bring a costume. Dakota's wearing a white shirt, jeans, and a red jacket with some makeup all over his face to make him look as though he's a ghost, going as the ghost of James Dean.

I had opted for something a bit more mainstream. I'm wearing a black tank top, black shorts, and black tights. I bought a costume vampire cape and some vampire fangs to complete the look. The hairstylist backstage has straightened my hair so that it's silky and smooth. The makeup artist lines my eyes heavily and paints my lips a dark, blood red while also making me appear paler than I usually do.