𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

---

reddit.com!

r/GhostAdventures
finleytango
Destination Fear

Hey, I was curious to see if anyone else is watching this show? I am and I'm actually really enjoying it. It feels more organic and like the first few seasons of ghost adventures had been. I'm really hoping it takes off in terms of popularity and we get multiple seasons. I also really hope they keep it the way it is and don't bring in all of that bs equipment we see nowadays.

⬆️ 27 ⬇️ 💬 42

XandriaVanWall
I've actually really been enjoying Destination Fear a lot. I just have one bone to pick with it . . . I can't handle all the screaming! BUT—they're showing the fear that almost all of the ghost hunting shows had in the beginning. It's really good! I also can see that they're not really "investigating" as much as they are "exploring" and "experiencing" the haunts. And the evidence they're getting is out of this world, if it's real.
——— orlaquinn13
YES! Olivia is the worst with the screaming. Like, I understand that they're dealing with scary stuff, but there's just too much of it. It's also kind of annoying how Olivia puts up a fight about every single location they go to and about sleeping alone every single night. Like, this is what you signed up for, deal with it lol
——— overzealous107
Yep, the screaming definitely takes away from it. And Olivia's reaction at the first location was so over the top, it almost made me stop watching. I give her credit for going onto the third floor of the hospital all alone in the second episode though. That's why I decided to give the show a second chance, and I'm glad I did, because I'm actually liking it so far.

Manuallocks
I actually felt the opposite. It was too much "this is who we are, what we're doing" and definitely not enough investigation material AT ALL. I kind of thought maybe it was just the first episode, but they're literally all like that. 20 minutes of investigation is not enough in a show like this. I definitely have no ill will toward them, but I personally won't continue watching.

Monoceros864
I like it, but I agree with other comments here that the investigation part should be longer. I think their reactions are genuine so I like that, and the location choices are cool. The whole "social experiment" thing is a little out there for me, though.
——— overzealous107
Yep, the social experiment thing on fear is so weird and doesn't really fit with what they're doing. Sleeping overnight in a haunted place doesn't count as pushing the limits of fear to me. It's more like they didn't decide until after the fact what the goal of the show was because it reads more like half of an investigation and half of having a road trip with your best friend and his cousin

melnda78
Say what you will, but the latest episode was crazy! The scratches on the one guys back! I liked that you could genuinely see how he and everyone else was freaking out. I like to see that kind of emotion.
——— finleytango
I'm watching the sweet springs sanitarium one right now and all the activity in the basement is crazy. I also really applaud Olivia for how she reacted! She stayed calm until they heard that screech and they all left.
—————— melnda78
Yes, exactly! I've seen so many people bash her for her reaction in the first episode, but if people actually listened to what they said, she's only like 18 years old and it was her first paranormal investigation ever! She, in Dakota's words, is a badass!

Mollyl34
It's a good show, but it's not the best. I like that they include some fun antics. It's in no way better than GA and GA isn't better than DF. It's all based on opinion. I like the idea
behind it, it feels very genuine. My favs are Tanner and Alex. Dakota is getting better, but
he can't keep telling spirits to go away when they clearly want to communicate with him. I understand that Olivia gets scared, but she should just kind of take a deep breath if she feels like she needs to scream.
——— codependent_conglomerate
I think Olivia mentioned on Instagram that she used to be a competitive dancer. You think she'd be a little tougher.

systematic_retribution729
All right, I'll be the first to say it.
Dakota and Olivia are definitely crushing on each other.
——— neverlandbeats
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed that
—————— wistfuleverafter
not sure you'd send someone you had a crush on into a situation where they could possibly get hurt.
————————— neverlandbeats
On Instagram, Olivia said that she actually
called Dakota out on that after the fact. He understood and you can even see in the Statler Hotel episode, when she draws the 18th floor and is terrified that Dakota offers to change the rules and have Tanner switch with her.
TLDR; he's whipped already

---

author's note:

olivia lurking on reddit threads probably:

i wanted to try this kind if format to discuss the reception to the show as opposed to just having olivia say it's what she read

i wanted to try this kind if format to discuss the reception to the show as opposed to just having olivia say it's what she read. i also based this reddit thread on an actual one concerning destination fear in the ghost adventures subreddit from four years ago when the first season was airing, so a lot of these thoughts are actual thoughts that people had about the show!

.