𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

---

---

"Happy birthday!" I scream into my phone as Tanner accepts my FaceTime call.

Just a little over a week ago, Dakota and I were filming a television appearance for promotion. Now, it's the day that Destination Fear is premiering on Travel Channel and it also happens to be Tanner's 27th birthday.

"Is that Olivia?!" I hear Alex say through the phone.

"Oliviaaaaa!" Dakota screeches.

I laugh, shaking my head as I smile at them. I had really only called to speak to Tanner, but I miss the guys so much. Since the trip ended, we pretty much text every day, but it isn't the same. Part of me really misses living on that little RV.

"Thanks, Liv," Tanner replies and I can see the walls passing as he walks around his house. "Are you getting excited?"

"Excited," I repeat with a teetering laugh. "Nervous. I don't know, I hate how I reacted during the first location and that's going to set the tone for everything."

Tanner waves his hand. "I'm sure anyone who will try to say anything negative about you would react the same way in that situation," he tries to assure me but I just end up sighing in response. "I got your gift, by the way."

"You did!" I exclaim, propping my phone against the napkin holder on the kitchen table, where I'm sitting. "Did you like it?"

For his birthday, I had sent him a hematite beaded bracelet adorned with an onyx stone. It was a relatively small gift, but it holds a special meaning. Onyx is one of the many stones that give you protection, so I felt it was quite fitting considering our line of work.

He raises his wrist to show me that he's wearing it. "It's awesome," he tells me. "Thank you so much."

"Of course," I say, my eyes drifting toward the countertops and the stove.

Mom is fluttering around the kitchen like a chicken with her head cut off. She's preparing food like we're having a massive family dinner, when in reality, it's no different than any other night. The two of us along with Dad, Malcolm, Tatum, Mark, and Danny are having a small watch party for the first episode of the show. She's been cooking and baking all morning and part of me wonders if she's truly thinking that we need all of that food or if she's just trying to keep herself busy, afraid to see what she actually agreed to allowing me to be on television for.

"Liv, you good?" Tanner's voice asks, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I blink a few times, turning back to my phone screen. "Yeah, sorry, my mom is just making food for a literal army," I tease, seeing Mom whip around toward me out of the corner of my eye.

"I'm not!" she argues.

I make a face at Tanner before I lift my phone and show him what the kitchen looks like. "Aunt Deb!" he exclaims with a laugh.