𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

"Caught in a streetlight, a lost cause in Levi's

"Caught in a streetlight, a lost cause in Levi's."

𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃. They don't always get along and that can be difficult. Olivia Wolski knew that very well. She'd grown up hearing stories about her aunt Mary, her mother's sister, and how she left New York much to the ire of her family. She settled in Minnesota, married a nice man, and had her own family, Tay, Tanner, and Tianna Wiseman. Olivia's family didn't speak ill of her, but she could tell that her moving away had been a source of annoyance.

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 by the time Mary's children were growing up, Mary's younger sister had had a family of her own back in New York. The youngest child, Olivia, was a girl with special insights and though the family was a bit disjointed, Tanner adored her. Any chance he could, he would visit and took great pride in being her favorite cousin.

𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐄 was in college, Tanner and Olivia had begun visiting each other every time they went on school breaks, alternating traveling to the other's home state. Through this, Olivia briefly met Tanner's childhood friends, Dakota and Chelsea Laden and Alex Schroeder. She hardly ever saw much of them, but when she did see them, they were always nice. And if Olivia harbored a crush on Dakota, it wasn't a big deal. It was just a silly school-girl crush.

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋 at the tender age of 12, Olivia finds it amazing when two years later, Tanner embarks on a road trip of terrifying proportions alongside Dakota and Chelsea with their friend Coalin. The years continue to pass, and family becomes even more difficult. Olivia's parents get divorced and Tanner's living in the adult world. Family gets hard, but they always try to make time for each other.

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 onto Dakota, Tanner, and Alex. They've pitched a television show based on the road trip they partook in a few years prior to Travel Channel, which is picked up. There's a downside—Chelsea can't join, as her commitments to her optometry program won't allow her to.

𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐀, however, to bring some family along. He surprises Olivia for her eighteenth birthday, bringing with him a gift that he knows she can't refuse.

"But I'll always see great heights in you."