𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

---

---

The Statler Hotel is fucking enormous.

It towers above us as we drive up to it, completely in awe because it's fucking huge, and unload all of our gear. We get inside and set up our gear room, but this place is far too big to cover even as a group.

"Because this location is so big, it's massive," Dakota tells the cameras that we're all holding after we set everything up, "we're gonna split up into twos right away. Olivia and Tanner, you guys are gonna be in a group, and then me and you, Al, are gonna be in a group, too." I give a little happy shimmy of my shoulders, smiling behind the mask I'm wearing on my face because of the debris and dust we're bound to inhale, because I get to investigate with my cousin. "Where do you guys want to start?"

"Me and Olivia can start on the eleventh floor," Tanner offers, "where Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley and all the kind of the famous people usually would stay."

"Okay," Dakota agrees as I nod. "Me and Alex will start in the basement. That'll be fun, Al."

"It's gonna be a great time," Alex replies, somewhat unenthusiastically.

"All right, you guys want to go up to floor eleven?" Dakota asks Tanner and me and I eye the elevator with distrust.

We press the call button and step inside once it arrives. "Eleven?" I ask for clarification before I push a button.

"Eleven," Tanner agrees and I push the correct button.

The doors slide closed and my cousin and I are alone in the elevator. I stand with tense shoulders, flinching at every little sound the contraption makes. The gears are loud, creaking with everything that they have. Then, it stops, the doors sliding open on the eleventh floor.

Immediately, when they open, I'm greeted by darkness.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I ask rhetorically. I have to force myself to step forward. "Um, okay." Once we're out in the hall, I swing my flashlight around. "This is ridiculous." I make my way down the hallway on my right, taking my camera with me to film out a frosted window that overlooks the dark streets. We spend some time going in and out of rooms, but it's hard to tell that they were once hotel rooms. All of the furniture has been taken out, so they're incredibly empty, echoing our footsteps. Every window we pass, I have to remind myself to not look out. We're so high up it's dizzying to even look down.

Shaking my head, I turn to my cousin, gesturing to the hallway that stretches out before us. "Let's go through this really quick because this is just . . . fuck!" I flinch and turn to my right, looking out the hallway toward another room, the sound of an object clattering to the floor startling me.

"What?" Tanner asks me.

I gesture down the hallway. "I keep hearing shit there," I tell him.

"What'd you hear?"