Chapter Nine

Thinking

"Signing"

Telepathy

Akari's POV:

I opened my eyes and only found fire. It was everywhere. I could sorta see the outline of people on the outskirts of the fire. But I couldn't tell if they were talking or not. All I heard was the crackle and pop of the fire. I tried to take control of it when I saw it was coming from me. But nothing was working.

It wasn't until another guy came in and yelled at whoever else was here to stop and back away. He then slowly walked closer to me and it looked like he was trying to get the fire to obey him. Good luck with that. I can't even get it to stop.

When he tried to get through the fire it was like it was making a path for him. And it felt as if our fire was one. It was really weird to feel. But he was soon able to get the fire to disappear. He then knelt in front of me and pulled me to his chest. It wasn't until he did this that I realized I was shaking and crying.

"Shhh, you're ok. I've got you. You're safe now and I'll never let anyone hurt you. Just breathe. It's ok." I hadn't even realized just how bad I was panicking till he said to breath and was rubbing my back. And I don't know what it was but I felt safe with him and it was like I could finally relax again. It was so calming that I started to fall asleep in his arms.

The last thing I remember is being lifted into someone's arms and being laid down in a bed. And I remember the sound of Della and someone else talking. And then everything was black, and I was back into the land of sleep.