Into the Jaws of Death

When the council broke up, (Y/N) made his way straight back to his cabin. He needed to see if Elara was willing to come with him on his 'quest'. The door was open but silence dominated the cabin. Stepping in, he made his way around the house until arriving in the kitchen, where his lady of the hour sat at the counter, sipping delicately on what appeared to be a glass of blood.

"Please don't tell me you drained someone of their blood and left their body in the bins."

She turned to him and shot an infectious grin, followed by a giggle.

"Oh, of coursssssse not, though it isssss a tempting thought. I actually got thisssss from... well I kind of went through your stuff. I'm sorry, it'sssss just been sssssso long ssssssince I drank actual blood, I had to."

"Don't be sorry, it's natural. I love you far too much to deny you basic necessities. Anyway, I need to ask a little favour of you."

"Sssssure, anything for you my dear," she said, winking.

"Well, we just had a council meeting about what we're going to do about the labyrinth. Annabeth, Percy, Grover and Tyson plan on venturing into its depths to put a halt on Luke's invasion of camp. I was requested to join, but decided against it. Instead, I was wondering if you'd like to join me on a little side quest. We'd be trying to follow them to the best of our abilities, but what with the labyrinth being the labyrinth, we may struggle. The goal is to find Daedalus. So, uhh, do you want to come?"

She stood up and wrapped her hands around his neck.

"Down there, you'll need some good company. And besssssidesssss, it can get a little cramped in thisssss little camp."

They kissed, deeply, before pulling apart for air.

"Well, I should be off. I need to question every ones favourite duo for some information about a little Italian boy. We depart at dawn by the way."

Leaving the cabin, he wandered around until he found Percy entering the Athena cabin. At least they were getting together in privacy. But their romance could wait. He crouched under the oddly small door frame and entered. The place was a workshop of pure intelligence and the crafts. The bunks were all pushed against one wall as if sleeping didn't matter very much. Most of the room was filled with workbenches and tables and sets of tools and weapons. The back of the room was a huge library crammed with old scrolls and leather-bound books and paperbacks, a sizeable collection similar to (Y/N)s. There was and architect's drafting table with a bunch of ruler sand protractors, and some 3-D models of buildings. Huge old war maps were plastered to the ceiling. Sets of armour hung under the windows, their bronze plates glinting in the sun. In front of him though, Percy and Annabeth were in each other's arms. He could tell Annabeth was going through a struggle of anxiety and deep sadness, but Percy on the other hand? The butterflies in his stomach were practically having a pankration. Next to him, Malcolm entered the room. He nodded to (Y/N), then cleared his throat. His face went red before realising the situation he had wandered into.

"Um, sorry," Malcolm said. "Archery practice is starting, Annabeth. Chiron said to come find you." 

Percy stepped away from Annabeth. "We were just looking at maps," Percy said stupidly. Malcolm stared at him. "Okay." 

"Tell Chiron I'll be right there," Annabeth said, and Malcolm left in a hurry. Annabeth rubbed her eyes. "You go ahead, Percy. I'd better get ready for archery. Oh, umm, hey (Y/N). It's, uhh, not what it looks like."

"Yeah, sure thing."

Just as Percy made a move past him, he grabbed the son of Poseidon by his shirt, reeling him back in like a fish. He fell into the room and landed right back next to Annabeth.