Back to Camp

Annabeth and (Y/N) were waiting for Percy and the cyclops in an alley down the street. The combat medic hooked him and the monster off the sidewalk just as a fire truck screamed past, heading for Meriwether Prep. 

"Where'd you find him?" Annabeth demanded, pointing at the cyclops. 

"He's my friend," Percy told her. 

"Is he homeless?"

"What does that have to do with anything? He can hear you, you know. Why don't you ask him?"

She looked surprised. "He can talk?"

"I talk," the monster admitted. "You are pretty." 

The Rod of Asclepius glowed on (Y/N)s back. 

"Don't go getting any ideas buddy," he said, crossing his arms. 

"Ah! Gross!" Annabeth stepped away from him. 

"Tyson," Percy said in disbelief. "Your hands aren't even burned."

"Of course not," Annabeth muttered. "I'm surprised the Laistrygonians had the guts to attack you with him around." 

'Tyson' seemed fascinated by Annabeth's blond hair and he tried to touch it, but she smacked his hand away. 

"Annabeth," said the raven haired boy, "what are you talking about? Laistry-what?"

"Laistrygonians. The monsters in the gym. They're a race of giant cannibals who live in the far north. Odysseus ran into them once, but I've never seen them as far south as New York before."

"Laistry-I can't even say that. What would you call them in English?"

She thought about it for a moment. "Canadians," she decided. "Now come on, we have to get out of here." 

(Y/N) looked Tyson up and down. He was another homeless cyclops, young and possibly violent. He knew what monsters would do to a person when their guard was down, many had fallen under his protection due to trusting the wrong person. 

"The police'll be after me." Percy interrupted. 

"That's the least of our problems," Annabeth said. 

"Have you been having the dreams?"

"The dreams ... about Grover?"

 Last summer when (Y/N) gave Grover the empathy link potion, he had hoped the satyr would never find use for it, but now he hoped he had used it for his sake. The daughter of Athena's face turned pale. 

"Grover? No, what about Grover?"

 Percy told them of a dream he had about Grover and his situation from the dream. 

"Why? What were you dreaming about?"

Her eyes looked stormy, like her mind was racing a million miles an hour. 

"Camp," she said at last. "There's big trouble at camp."

"My mom was saying the same thing! But what kind of trouble?" 

"I'd have a better idea if someone here told us, but apparently it's confidential between Chiron and (Y/N) here." 

"Don't worry about camp right now, we've got everything under control," he lied to them. "Just a little... border issue, that's all." 

Tyson raised his hand from the corner of the group. 

"Canadians in the gym called Percy something ...Son of the Sea God?" 

The three exchanged looks, (Y/N) giving Percy the nod. 

"Big guy," he said, "you ever hear those old stories about the Greek gods? Like Zeus, Poseidon, Athena-""