All the Tricks up All the Sleeves

"I got Nobody!" Polyphemus gloated. 

The four crept to the cave entrance and saw the Cyclops, grinning wickedly, holding up empty air. The monster shook his fist, and a baseball cap fluttered to the ground. There was Annabeth, hanging upside down by her legs.

"Hah!" the Cyclops said. "Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

Annabeth struggled, but she looked dazed. She had a nasty cut on her forehead, and needed immediate attention to prevent an infection. Her eyes were glassy, and (Y/N) was not a happy demi-god. 

"I'll rush him," Percy whispered to Clarisse. "Our ship is around the back of the island. You and Grover-"

"No way," they all said at the same time. Clarisse had armed herself with a highly collectable rams horn spear from the Cyclops's cave. Grover had found a sheep's thigh bone, which he didn't look too happy about, but he was gripping it like a club, ready to attack. (Y/N) grasped his dual blades, hands white and gritting teeth. 

"We'll take him together," Clarisse growled.

"Yeah," Grover said. Then he blinked, like he couldn't believe he'd just agreed with Clarisse about something.

"All right," Percy said. "Attack plan Macedonia." 

"Y'know, I actually helped tutor Alexander the Great." (Y/N) began to mindlessly talk, "Son of Zeus of course, but I always knew he was destined for greatness. I remember teaching him in a class about battle strategy, I was much more of a scholar back then, and I..." 

Looking back at the group he saw them staring at him with confusion. 

"Right, sorry." 

Percy turned back to the cave entrance, hefted his sword and shouted, "Hey, Ugly!" The giant snapped round and whirled towards the son of Poseidon. 

"Another one? Who are you?"

"Put down my friend. I'm the one who insulted you."

"You are Nobody?"

"That's right, you smelly bucket of nose drool!" 

Didn't hit quite as well as Annabeths insults, but it was of Percy standard. 

"I'm Nobody and I'm proud of it! Now, put her down and get over here. I want to stab your eye out again."

"RAAAR!" he bellowed. 

Luckily he dropped Annabeth. Unfortunately he dropped her headfirst onto the rocks, where she lay motionless as a rag doll. 

"NO!" screamed (Y/N), dashing over to her body at unnatural speeds. Whilst the others began to engage the cyclops, the son of Asclepius got to work. Assessing the daughter of Athena, he slammed his staff into the ground and secured its position. A gash on her forehead bled and her ribs were definitely broken. Holding his head against the coolness of the staff, he muttered a few words and a golden glow began to encase her, sustain her condition. 

"Hey, can you hear me?" he called out, his voice filled with a mixture of wobbling concern and reassurance. 

Annabeth groaned slightly, lifting a weight off of his chest. 

"D..don't worry, I'm here, I'll keep you safe." 

He couldn't lose another one. Fumbling through his pockets a multitude of syringes, vials and pirate coins spilled before he finally found what he was looking for. Blood of Herakles. Impossible to replicate for its healing properties. Popping off the cap to the bottle that contained the liquid, he gently opened Annabeth's mouth and administered her the drink. At first she attempted to force the bottle away, but just mere seconds later the colour was coming back to her cheeks. Picking her up bridal-style, he moved her to a more secure resting position in a crevice of the cave.