𝐥𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢 ~ 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲

~ Pitts asks you to the winter formal ~

ψ

Being a Welton Academy student since you were little, the biggest event everyone looks forward too is the winter dance that only the sophomores, juniors, and seniors are allowed to participate in. Maybe "dance" is a small word. It's more like an extravagant ball, complete with an orchestra, all kinds of fancy food and drink, as well as the actual dancing itself. It's something straight out of a fairy tale, and now that you're finally a sophomore you can attend. You and your friends were all planning on going together, but plans quickly change.

The seven of you girls are sitting at your lunch table, the only period besides English and P.E. when girls and boys are allowed to interact. You are laughing with your friends with your friend LillyAnne quiets you all down. "Okay, okay. So I was listening in to a conversation between Knox and Charlie Dalton, and apparently Gerard Pitts is supposed to ask one of us to the dance."

"Pittsie likes on of us?" you say, knowing the tall boy a little better than your friends. He is your desk mate in English and has always been kind to you. LillyAnne shrugs and continues. "Yeah. He's supposed to ask her at lunch, and any day now, too."

"That's so soon!" your round-faced friend Margaret exclaims. "Do you have any idea who it could be?"

LillyAnne shakes her head, her flaming red hair bouncing back and forth. "I'm afraid not. It seems we'll just have to wait and see."

The next few days go by and every one is filled with anticipation. Your friends all come up with a scheme of what they would do if Pittsie asked them to the dance. Some rejected him politely; others said yes with passion; still more were conflicted on their answer. You of course know what you would say if he asked you.

"Yes," you say to LillyAnne. "I would probably say yes." It's another day at lunch and the girls are probing to find out your answer. You are certain your tall friend isn't after you, but a small part of you wants the attention and frankly, you think he's pretty cute.

"Really?" Josie, a short brunette, squeals. You blush and bite into your sandwich.

A small clamor comes from the table of boys where, coincidentally, Pittsie sits. You all immediately sit back in your seats and fix your posture, some nibbling on their salads and others chatting quietly. You feel a pit in your stomach as you watch Pitts stand with a red face, his friends all clapping his back as he takes long strides in your direction.

"Um," he mumbles, his voice cracking a little. Your whole table turns their eyes to him and he blushes darker. "I-I'm sorry, didn't mean to bother you."

"Don't worry about it," you say, biting into your apple. "What's up?"

Pittsie takes a deep breath and then whispers something that sounds like "Carpe Diem" under his breath before staring you down and saying, "[Name], would you do me the honor of going to the winter formal with me?"

Your whole table sags a little, the pressure lifted, and then turns to you with encouraging smiles. You chew and swallow, turning your face up to Pitts and saying, "Of course I will, Pittsie."

He grins and blushes, looking at his feet as his table bursts into an uproar of cheers and hooting. Your own friends nudge you around and you wave them off, still in shock you were the mystery girl all along.

—————————————————————————————————————

Okay quick note: in this AU Welton is an academy for girls and boys, and the characters are all the same except for my added characters and the fact that they are about two years younger. Part 2 coming next! love yall and so grateful for your participation in voting!! :)))