𝐥𝐯 ~ 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲

~ Todd when you cancel your date for the fourth time ~

ψ

"So," Todd says as you finish your Trig homework for the night. "I was thinking you and I could go downtown and grab something to eat after services on Sunday?" Todd has been desperate to hang out with you since the two of you have been separated so often, and now that finals are finally behind you, he decides that now is the perfect time to hang out.

You suck on your teeth and cringe, standing from the bed and put your books in your bag, shouldering it and then turning to the door. All the while, Todd watches with anticipation.

"No," you finally sigh.

"What do you mean 'no?'" Todd asks, standing with a worried expression.

"I'm just . . . not feeling great right now, Todd," you answer, rubbing your temple. The stress of finals has left a lasting effect on you and has given you some tough migraines. Noticing your discomfort, Todd steps closer and puts a hand on your shoulder.

"Hey," he says, making you look up at his sweet face. "I'm here for you, okay? If you ever need to, like, girly-talk. Okay?"

You laugh a little and wrap him in a hug. "Yeah, girly-talk. Thanks, Todd."

"You're welcome," he whispers into your hair, kissing your forehead softly.