𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯 ~ 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐞𝐫, 𝐦.𝐝.

~ Doogie stuffing a donut into his mouth to keep from giving away your surprise ~

ψ

"They're perfect. Thanks, Curly," Doogie says to the nurse, who smiles back at him. Today is your one year anniversary with Doogie, and you have gone the whole day without hearing a peep from him. He is marveling at one of the perfectly crafted donuts when Curly's eyes widen and she whispers, "She's coming!"

Panicking, Doogie stuffs the donut in his mouth as curly tosses a sheet over the donut boxes. He turns just in time to see your smiling face.

"Hi, Doog!" you smile, opening your arms. You have been busy in the observation ward and haven't seen him all day, and you are also hoping he will mention your anniversary. Wrapped in your sunshiney embrace, he quickly chews and swallows the rest of the donut and shoos Curly into the break room.

"Hey, babe," he says, pulling from the hug. "I've missed you all day."

"Me too," you say, giving him a short kiss and then frowning.

"What's wrong?" he asks, nervous you'll call him out for pretending to not remember your anniversary.

"Why do you taste like chocolate frosting?" you ask, earning a blush from Doogie as many of the surrounding doctors chuckle and Curly, who has emerged from the break room, whispers something about lovebirds under her breath.

"Why don't we discuss this in the break room?" Doogie says, leading you in that direction. "I've got a big surprise for you."