Objection

To the side, a nobleman I had not noticed before stepped out from the shadows. He had an average appearance. He was the typical face that could blend in with the crowd, a face that one could see and immediately forget.

"Your Majesty, if I may speak," the nobleman said.

The king turned to look at the nobleman and with a somewhat self-abasing laugh, he said, "Who are you?"

"Long live Your Majesty! I am Hans Luther of the Mansfield Family."

"Ah yes, I remember now. You are the son of Knight Luther and Emily Mansfield."

"Your Majesty is correct."

"It's a pity the Luther Family has died out. Very well, I shall grant you the right to speak."

"Thank you Your Majesty," Nobleman Luther answered. "I wish to say that I am disappointed with Lord Crohn. How can he make a frivolous remark. This child, if he shall be the future crown prince, need not prove his worth. For his worth runs in this royal blood."

The king rubbed his chin and thoughtfully answered, "Luther, you are correct and have spoken our mind. Indeed, we have long been separated from him. It would be prudent for the child to spend time besides us to foster the feelings between father and son, monarch and heir."

Lord Crohn smirked and said, "Your Majesty, the law established by Luder the Third still stands."

"We are well aware of the rules set by our royal grandfather. However, laws are easy to amend."

Lord Crohn's smirk stiffened, but he genially said, "Your Majesty is wise. A prince-in-training is required to know all four arts. It would be a tedious burden upon your August self. This child is stepping into manhood. For Your Majesty's sake, I advise Your Majesty to seek an imperial tutor. After all, the difficulties of ruling a nation and raising a child would compete with each other for Your Majesty's attention."

"Well thought out," the king said. "It's no wonder you are our loyal and most faithful servant. You take on our concern as your own. In that case, why not you become the prince's imperial tutor. We are at ease of mind, knowing you are the one properly instructing him."

Lord Crohn said, "As Your Majesty's wishes."

"Your Majesty," Lady Bromwell pleaded, "Would it not suffice for the Bromwell Family to care for one of our own?"

"Lady," the king addressed her, "The recent demise of Lord Bromwell has left the Bromwell Family leaderless. I find it is best to send the prince to Lord Crohn, where both his mind and emotions may find stability."

I suddenly felt a pounding headache. If I were to go with this unknown, yet strangely familiar Lord Crohn, would my mother be angry enough to cause issues?

I instinctively knew the woman who claimed to be my mother would not release me from her side without a fight. The thought of a mother figure, who in vague memories, showed a woman with dark black hair burst into my mind. Why was I thinking of this woman? Who was she? Could she be my real mother? If so, why can't I remember her face clearly?