Chapter Twenty two

We are all something but none of us are everything.

                             ~~Blaise Pascal ~~
______________________________________________________________

  I stared at Najma. She is just staring at the carpet drawing invisible circles. What a baby I thought. I am going through presentations shalaija made when my phone rang.

   "Bring my phone" I told Najma. She did as I said and passed me the phone. It's Amma, so I closed my Mac book and answered.

   "Assalaikum Amma"

"Waalaikumusalam Ayzar kaifa haluk (how are you)

  " Ana bil khair (I am fine)"

"Wa kaifa Najma ayna hiya? (And how is Najma where is she?)

" Hiya fil gurfa (she is in the room)" I lied.

"So its about the Annual event of your Uncle Muhammad. I think sameer is already there right?"

  "Yes Amma" I replied

"They are celebrating their 50th Anniversary and Muhammad your uncle says you have to go to the event and Yes go with Najma"

"Why would I go with her?"

"Because the world needs to know about your wife now. Your marriage happened quickly we never got the chance to reveal her to the world. So go with her to the event tonight from there you can make a viral announcement"

  "Yes I would like to Amma but Najma is sick" I lied purely . I would never go with Najma to  that event.

   "Oh, give me the phone let me talk to her"

"Yes Amma give me some minutes" with that I hung up the call. 

   "Listen tell Amma you are sick" I said to Najma.

  "Why?"

"Just do as I say" I called Amma again and gave Najma the phone.  They did their talking the mother in law and daughter in law thing. Najma muttered a thank you before giving me the phone.

  "Ayzar you should take Najma for checkup"

"Why?"

  "You know it more than anyone. I think she's pregnant"

I coughed. What is Amma saying a girl that I have never spoken with for good five minutes talk less of her getting intimate with me to be pregnant.

   "No Amma" I quickly declined

" just take her to check up "

"Okay yes I will. Bye" with that I hung up.

  "What did you tell Amma" I asked Najma who is sitting beside me on the Carpet.

"I am sick"

  "What did she say then?" Najma blushed and refused to talk. "I am asking you"

  "She said I might be .."

  "You might be what?" I asked bewildered.

  "Pregnant" she answered. I glared at her "Are you?"

"What, No, no!" She replied.

    I smirked how can she be I thought. It's already Asr time so we both stood up to go and pray.

       "Ayzar we are getting late and this event is lite just see how the khaima's dressed up for this" she tripped and showed Ayzar the live video. He only nodded in response while he kept scrolling his phone.