Chapter Fourteen

Whatever was meant to be would be. Don't blame yourself for your misfortunes.
                                         ~Bluey writer ~
______________________________________________________________

Maryam saeed this chapter is for you, enjoy!

   The scorching sun peeked from the white curtains. I closed the windows and shuffled the curtains. Each day the sun rises  from the west makes me remember how my life changed to the east. Every light the day brings along remembers me of the promise I made and how woefully I failed in fulfilling it. I hate myself, I hate myself for being a royal, for being a kahima, I hate myself for being helpless. My morning alarm rang waking me up from my trance. I gazed at the alarm as it keeps ringing indicating it's six am. I can still remember how she would switch off the alarm, how she would tenderly call out to my name. Her smile, her care, her affection and her warmth......  God what's even the point in reminiscing old pain. Upon coming out of my secret room. I saw clothes kept on my bed. Fajwa is quite doing her duties well but nothing would ever change the fact that she is a money monger. I tiptoed to my closet and selected my clothes remembering today is Saturday which only worsen my mood. Saturday was meant to be a sad day for me. I sighed and entered to the bathroom to take a bathe.

  "Come in" I said after some minutes. I have being hearing the soft knocks but you know me, I don't too much like talking.

      "Sir Ayzar good morning. I brought your breakfast" she moved quietly to the parlor where she placed the breakfast on the mini dinning table. I nodded and continued my presentation online.

       "Yeah. Bye" I said and closed the Mac book. "Take the food back". I ordered. Today I don't feel like eating anything.

  "But it's your breakfast" she said returning back the clothes she brought out in the closet.

   "No, don't bring anything henceforth" I said and quietly slumped in my king sized bed removing the mask I was wearing.  "What?" I asked her. The girl likes to stare at me like some lost puppy.

   "Nothing. Sorry" she apologized. I watched her mopped the room and placed the turaren wuta in the burner. She looks entirely different without niqab. She looked innocent, intelligent and also adorable. I drew the duvet to my face and delved in the darkness. I don't feel like sleeping but I don't feel like doing anything either. I quietly continued my istighfar with my counter.

     I heard a soft unending knock on my door and I don't need to be told who it is.

     "Farha udkuli (come in)" I yanked the duvet from my face and supported my back with the pillows.

  "Abii sabahoul khair, ummi sabahoul khair (abi good morning, ummi good morning) she greeted jumping on my bed.

"Ya farha sabahoul khair, kaifa asbahti?"( good morning dear farha, how was your night?)

    "Fine abi" she answered back in English.

"Farha ya kike ? Kin ci abinci?" (farha how are you? Have you eaten ?)". Najma asks her in Hausa language.

   "No ummi. I am eating with abi today" she announced wiggling her brows.

"Farha, abi is not feeling too well go and eat with aunty fadimah" I said which was almost a lie because I am fine.

   "Sorry abi, I would come back later okay. And ummi take care of my abi" she said blowing a kiss at my direction before she left.

   "How are you feeling? " Najma asked. I pretended as if I didn't hear her.