Chapter Eight

One day at a time we will pursue that dreams; those dreams we have longed for. We will reach our dream land and explore every part of it.

                                  ~Bluey writer♣~
______________________________________________________________

    The  light penetrated lightly I looked at the beautiful sky in its purest forms of sky blue colour. The cold morning wind blowing making me frizzle tightening my hijab around myself. It's very cold most especially the December type of cold it's a special one. I heard the bird chirping sound and the roosters that kept crowing. Today I am feeling very lame and moody so I just finished my recitation and jumped on my comfy mattress. I slid my blanket and cuddled myself inside. I want to stay for sometime to hug and sleep on my bed one last time.

      "May I come in" I heard nihals voice.

"Uhmm" I hummed as she opened the door. She is wearing a night shirt of Jackie Collins and a red leggings. Her curly hair coiled to her back and her lips dried with some smear of milk.

   "Yaya good morning " she sat next to me then also slid in my blanket.

  "Are you not going to school"I ask her

" No " came her short reply.

She hugged me and before you know it she has started snoring nihal and sleep I tell you. They are five and six.

"Assalamualaikum" I saw arfah came in and placed a tray on the bedside drawer.

"It's our breakfast" she  said. I nodded and asked her what's the time. She brought out her iPhone seven to check.

  "6:15am" she told me. I nodded again and watched her slowly climbed on the bed.

   "There is no way I would miss this. Though I am not invited" she said drawing the blanket over her. I chuckled and stood up to lock the door.  I made sure it was locked before I came back to my bed. I looked at my sisters I would miss them like no other. I wrapped my hands on nihal and arfah wrapped hers on nilhal also making our hands entwined.

     We clustered there like sardines in my small bed. Our sleep shared some warmth,affection and also sadness. We let the sleep to take us over hugged against each other.

        "Ahhh who is it?" Nihal sluggishly went to open the door.

     "Mama good morning" i greeted mum hugging her.

"So you guys came and hide here knowing there is a lot of work to do koh" mama said arching a brow.

   "Sorry mama let me go and help you but let them sleep please. It's been long I saw yaya sleep like this."

  "That's true nihal but there is a lot to do"

"Najmana" mama tapped najma on her shoulders.

    "Mamana" she squeezed her eyes yawning.  "Good morning" she greeted hugging mama.

  "Morning my dear, hope you are not angry with me"

"No not at all mama. Why would I even be ?" She chuckled standing up from the bed.

   "Anything to help with?" She asked fully awake.

This how my sister is and I pray I would try to be like her one day. She would smile even if she is hurt, she would obey you even if she has many choices, she would respect you even if you humiliate her and most importantly she would still care for you even if you would hate her.

  "No nothing. Just get ready the henna designers are here already amma sent them and your outfits she sent them yesterday you can go and check. She said the tumeric and bathing ingredients are on their way. " mama explained.