'Anyway, we got to get going. It is magic next and Mrs. Geraldine wouldn't be happy if we are late.'

'Shannon.' Andy said coming from the opposite corridor.

'Okay see you in class then.' Shannon said walking towards Andy.

'You look very happy.' Shannon said to Andy. On seeing her smiling open-heartedly.

'Mrs. Winter is really happy with my progress in Nautics.'

'What is there even to think about? You know the sea routes of many places like the back of your hand.' Shannon replied laughing.

During the next classes, Shannon was engrossed in thinking about why Arjun was staring at her textbook. Other than her name nothing was there and her name is not a new thing to him.

She couldn't understand the connection between the recent events. They all look like they are not connected but deep down Shannon felt that they all had a link to something.

She was in the library sitting at the front desk. While Andy was shelving the books with the help of the magic carpet. As there was no one in the library Shannon asked. 'Andy, what do you know about Agreste's.'

'Do not mind me asking this.' Andy said coming down to Shannon's desk. 'What is with Arjun and you? At times you are friends but then at times, you act like sworn enemies. Farrah told me that you were fighting on the topic of July 7 on that misfortune day. On a silly topic like a date, you were fighting. What is going on in here.' Shannon looked at Andy stressfully.

She couldn't decide whether she should say everything to her or not. She wanted to talk about all these strange things and behaviors to someone at least.

'Shannon, if you have any problem. It will be soothed by talking to someone.'

'There is nothing-

'Stop lying. I have been watching you lately. Every time you are immersed in your thoughts. You never even pay attention in any class or even talk to us. You sit ideal, thinking something else all day.

Yesterday you said you would bring a package. Did you even remember about it after you left? I knew it was an excuse you were making up to leave the room.

Even though you do not believe in the prophecy you are so interested in royal dragons.' Andy stopped to take a breath. 'I am sorry Shannon but if there is anything you want to tell, you can. I promise you it will only make you feel better.'

Shannon looked at Andy stunned. She didn't know, Andy was keeping an eye on her. Andy is a great friend and Shannon knew she would keep it a secret. 'But is this the right choice', was a question burning in her mind. Until she decided that Andy was right and she needed someone to talk to. 'Fine, Andy. I will tell you everything but you need to promise, you won't say this to anyone.' Shannon said at last.

'I promise Shannon. I won't say a single word to anyone.' Shannon explained everything to Andy. But she completely excluded the part where Arjun told her the story of how his parents got killed.

'So, Arjun isn't just a friend you met in school. He has some connection with your parents.' Andy said after Shannon explained everything to her.

'Yes, Melvin knows my parents and has also visited my house. But my father lied saying he was there to learn business from him. But why.'

'Maybe there is some connection with Melvin, Arjun, and that secret of your parents.'

'Maybe but Arjun is not ready to say anything at all. His reply was the last time I asked him after coming to the academy. 'You are barking at the wrong tree.' He is not ready to answer anything.'

'Maybe that is because you had a good argument before going on vacation and today when I saw you both. You were talking like friends. Why don't you ask him again.'

'That's true. I will ask him again.' Shannon replied starting to feel cheerful. 'And you know what I feel better already.'

'What are friends for.' Andy replied.

The next day Shannon looked for many opportunities to talk to Arjun but he was always near Ron and Alen and she didn't want them to know about this matter. After classes when Shannon went to her locker. She saw Ron, Arjun, and Alen in the corner and no one was around either and as she expected Ron asked her. 'Did you deliver my message to your friend, Shannon?'

'Oh yes, I did and she said that she is interested in giving more of such massages.' Shannon replied in an excited voice.

'Ron, come on let's go. We do not want another fight.' Alen said dragging Ron out of the room. Shannon looked at Arjun and he was about to leave the room. She had to stop him and ask if she needed to find answers. And before she could stop herself. She called out. 'Arjun, wait.'

'Yes, Shannon.' He asked turning around.

'I need to talk to you for a minute.'

'Yes, go on.' Ron said.

'I want to talk to him privately.' Shannon replied crossly.

'He is our best friend and so there are no secrets between us. You can talk to him-  but in front of me.'