"You know, ever since the issue in this school has been resolved, I've been feeling uneasy. I accidentally told Justice about this, but I felt troubled that people started associating me with Grey," Max suddenly shares, making Vesper turn to look at him, surprised that Max opened something up like that.

     "Everyone was thanking me, and I appreciate it, I really do. But I remembered what Vice President Levi said. He said that there would be a time when I start comparing myself to Grey, and he was right. When he said those words to me, I ended up being aware of it," Max paused and touched the arm that had the fleur de lis symbol on it before continuing, "Am I doing all this...because I'm trying to be Grey? Am I trying to replace the white uniform that the brotherhoods truly loved and respected? When I had that thought, I had this sick feeling in my stomach."

      "Maybe what you're feeling is different from what you're thinking. Maybe you just see Grey as your role model and it doesn't feel right that people see you as him. Maybe you underestimate yourself so much that you don't want to disrespect Grey," Vesper explains, but Max immediately shakes his head to deny it.

     "No, Grey was never my role model. I don't even remember him that much anymore and maybe that's the problem. I don't have anyone to look up to or strive to become. Everyone sees Grey in me but I don't want to be like him."

     "And you're not like Grey at all," Vesper assures Max even though he also thought Max was similar to the ex-president in the past. 

     When Max hears what Vesper has to say, a sad smile appears on his face.

     "I know. And sometimes I think maybe...maybe that's what the others are thinking too, which is why their expectations of me" Max stops his train of thought and takes a deep breath. He closes his eyes and lets the wind touch his skin. "Once upon a time, there must have been a boy who had the same sentiments..." he then whispered to himself, making Vesper look at him with furrowed brows.

     "What are you saying now?"

      "There must have been a boy who had the same sentiment," Max suddenly repeated, but louder this time. He opened his eyes back and suddenly realized something that changed his entire perspective. It was the answer that he'd been seeking all this time.

     When Max finally made up his mind, he turned to Vesper with a serious and determined expression. "I know you mean well Vesper, but there's one more opinion that I want to hear. I know that meeting up with Klyde is dangerous. I know the stakes and the consequences better than anyone. But let me fuck up on my own. If I made the wrong decision, you can scold me then."

...

     [At J.S High, Great Hall]

     "I'm fucking starving!" CJ shouted as he and the rest of the members of Cigarettes went to their table to eat, their underlings standing from their seats to bow to them like usual.

     The rest of the members of Cigarettes proceeded to the balcony, while Anthony—CJ's right hand—stopped at their table where an angry brotherhood waited for them there.

    "Where the hell did you guys go? You left a huge mess in our base. Do you even know how many cigarette buds Brave and I had to pick just so it wouldn't clog the drains?" Krist Hyusen, better known as Master Joker, angrily asks while CJ sits beside him, Anthony sitting on the other table with the rest of the Jokers.

     "Yeah, do you know how disgusting wet cigarette sticks feel?" Brave asks next before stuffing his mouth with cream puffs.

    CJ casually laughs at the complaint and steals Krist's soda can, chugging it down without a care. "Sorry, we were a bit preoccupied. Another serf asked to make a deal with us. Said something about a gaffer who has been giving him hell for the past two years. You know I can't ignore that. But if you don't want me leaving without your permission, I don't mind being an obedient dog for you," CJ teasingly answers, making Krist step on his feet before giving him the middle finger.