Bar Fight

(imagine Ninjago is just a massive desert rather than a city like yk the wild west or whatever the fuck)

KAI'S POV

Me and my younger sister got an invitation to Laughy's bar from it's owner Dareth for the annual cowboy meet up. There's been a lot of tension between the three duos. Some of us, Ninjago cowboys, don't fly solo like most do. We prefer pairs since it's easier to survive. People would see that as weak but in Ninjago, it's a sign of strength. If one of us falls, the other is defenceless. 

The reason for the tension? You can't trust anyone. We all have our separate criminal lives and everyone is fighting over the title for the strongest and most feared cowboys.

Me and my sister are known as the Diablos. We started as the Smiths and then moved onto the Devil Twins but its a bit of a mouthful so we ended up sticking to "the Diablos". We decided on that nickname because we both have a short temper and anger issues. I'm also known as just 'Diablo' while Nya is known as 'Mini Diablo'

Another duo is the Garmadons; a father-son duo. The dad was always an ambitious criminal and he lead his son into his footsteps. Lloyd's uncle was strongly against that idea and Bang Bang Bang! Wu is shot dead. He broke rule number 1 in these regions - don't be weak.

The last duo is Rocky Jaguar. Rocky Dangerbuff, aka Cole, and Snake Jaguar, aka Zane, were best friends since forever and now they're partners in crime. They only trust in each other and no-one else. I learned that the hard way. 

Despite living a life of crime, there are boundaries. Me and Nya try to be kind to nice people. We only kill people who threaten our parents at their blacksmith shop.

There's wanted posters of us everywhere but no-one does anything about it much. There hasn't been a sheriff since the last one blew up in his own home. He had a barrel of beer and someone set it alight then boom. No-one knows who did it but it doesn't concern me. As long as there isn't a sheriff around, we're cool.

Me and Nya walked into the bar and were greeted by a girl with long red hair up in a ponytail - she is beautiful. I fancied her ever since I first saw her. I don't come by here often so I might as well try to use this opportunity to get Skylor to notice me. We only know each other by name. 

"Don't pull off any dumb shit, Kai. You don't want to ruin our reputation," Nya warned as we sat down by the counter. 

"Ah, the Diablos are here. Can I get you anything?" Skylor asked.

"Two whiskeys," Nya replied quickly.

"Got ya. So," She started as she picked up two glasses. "You're here for the annual cowboy meet up?" Me and Nya nodded in reply while she filled the glasses with whiskey. "I've heard that there's tension."

"Yeah," I said, "When is there not?"

"Just don't die. For one, I don't want blood all over Dareth's bar which me and Pix would have to clean up and two, it would be a shame to see you die," She said, winking at me.

I cleared my throat. Nya let out a frustrated groan before holding the bridge of her nose, knowing what I'm about to do. "Are you a rodeo? Because I'm ready to take you for a wild ride..."

"FSM help me," Nya muttered, taking a sip of her whiskey.

Skylor smirked and raised her eyebrow. "Sure, I'm like a cowboys hat," she said, taking my hat off and putting it on her head, "better when I'm down and dirty." I blushed at that. I didn't expect her to play along. I smirked and we were staring into each others eyes, blushing and giggling a bit. We were interrupted by Nya who startled us by slamming her empty glass on the counter.