Lavashipping - Beach Day

The ninja went to Ninjago beach. The weather was nice, the sun was shining, the temperature was nice and hot and the waves were gently lapping onto the shore - what more can they want? The beach was also practically empty, some music was playing through the speaker, it was perfect.

Almost.

One thing that ruined this day was Mr. Grumpy. You might know him as Kai. He was recently rejected by Skylor big time.

It was a "never" situation. 

Yeah, I know. Rough.

Either way, Jay, Zane and Cole were splashing about in the water, Lloyd was building a sand castle and Nya was doing a bit of sunbathing. She sighed.

"Kai. Stop scrolling through Skylor's Instagram. It's not the end of the world if she doesn't like you back. I know the real reason as to why you wanted to get with her."

Lloyd paused his castle building and looked up, intrigued as to what Nya was saying. Kai took his black sunglasses off his nose and placed them on his head as he sat up on his towel.

"Does that concern you?"

"Anything that concerns you, also concerns me," she replies, also sitting up on her towel. 

"You want to make someone jealous?" Lloyd asked in a teasing manner.

"Wha- I- uh- no! I'm not- I- I don't know what you're talking about!" Kai denied, turning completely red.

Lloyd and Nya smirked. "You're blushing, Kai," Lloyd stated.

Kai groaned as he laid back down, dragging his hands down his face in frustration, "Fine! I give up! You'll find out anyway so fine, I'll admit it! I was going to make Cole jealous."

Nya and Lloyd looked at each other and smiled. They looked back at Kai, who was as red as a tomato because he just realised what he blurted out. 

"I think we need some romantic music in place," Lloyd said, taking his phone and changing the music on Spotify.

"I think we need to organise Mr Lovesick here a little date..." Nya teased.

"Shut up. I don't- I mean I do- But like-"

"Wouldn't hurt to say a full sentence, Kai."

Back in the water, Jay noticed Cole gazing in Kai's direction. "Earth to Mr Lovesickkkk!" he teased, waving at Cole's face. Zane giggled as Cole blushed. 

"Wha- Me?"

"Dude, we know you're crushing on Kai."

"Really? Am I that obvious?"

"Your increasing heart rate and body temperature could say so. Or it could indicate a heat stroke..."

Cole sighed, "You got me, okay? I like him. I know that he's super bummed about Skylor though. I don't want to make a move too quickly."

Jay started to laugh hysterically, "Oh, Cole, you truly are blind. He was making you jealous. He's just as easy to read as you are."

"He- He was?"

To stop Cole from staring at Kai the whole time, Zane splashed water on his back, making him flinch. "Oh, you're getting it now, tin can!" The boys were splashing each other again. Cole threw Jay into the water and Jay pulled Zane down with him. Cole pointed at them, laughing until Jay grabbed his arm and dragged him into the water too.

The sun started to get closer to the line on horizon. Lloyd finished building his rather impressive sandcastle and Nya took Cole's towel and placed it right next to Kai's. She collected a bunch of seashells and sprinkled them neatly around the two towels. Kai sat there sunbathing. He doesn't really like getting into the water since it messes with his hair...

We all know the real reason.

Anyway, once Nya was done with the seashells, with a little help from Lloyd, they headed to the water. "You coming, Kai?"

"Nah, I'm gonna stay here..." Kai took a soda can from the freezer and took sips from it as he watched the guys splash around. It was still nice and hot out while the sun is out. He finished his soda can and laid back down with his hands behind his head until he heard a set of footsteps ascend. Kai decided not to sit up because he thought it was just Nya getting herself a drink. 

"Hey Kai," Cole greeted.

Kai's pupils dilated and blushed like a madman. Desperate to hide it, he put his sunglasses over his eyes. "What's up?"

Cole sat on his towel which was moved next to Kai's. Cole was laughing to himself, still exhausted from throwing people and being thrown into the water. "Pass the water."

"Gotcha." Kai sat up and reached into the freezer for a bottle of water. As he passed it to Cole, their hands touched, making them both blush a little. Kai sat up and looked at the sunset and took off his glasses. "Damn, look at the sunset. It's so beautiful." 

"Yeah, but I'd rather look at you," Cole blurted out casually, still looking at Kai. He watched Kai's pupils dilate and his cheeks flush. Cole smirked a little - he found it cute when Kai did that. Kai turned to Cole and they gazed into each other's eyes which glistened in the sunlight. Cole broke the eye contact and stared into the horizon again. "That was stupid, ignore me."

'Is this Love' by Bob Marley started playing on Lloyd's speaker. (this is your cue to play this in your headphones or something) Kai looked into the horizon too. "I- I don't think it was stupid..."

Cole raised an eyebrow and looked at Kai and back at the sun, blushing like mad. "You don't?"

"No... It was quite cute, actually." Kai nervously moved his hand towards Cole's until they met. Cole didn't move it and instead, shuffled closer to Kai. Kai discretely did the same. Their shoulders were practically touching. 

Cole sighed and looked at Kai, "I like you, Kai. Like... I like like you."

Kai turned to Cole and stared into his big brown eyes with his hazel ones. A bit of water was still dripping from Cole's hair. Kai smiled. "I like-like you more..." Kai leaned towards Cole and cupped his right hand over Cole's cheek as their lips met. Cole brushed his hand through the brunette's hair and Kai moved his left hand to Cole's other cheek. 

Their lips moved in sync passionately and Cole moved his hands down to Kai's hips. He ran kisses down his neck and found Kai's weak spot. Cole started sucking on it, making Kai let out a small moan. Kai sat on Cole's lap and wrapped his legs around his waist and started kissing him on the lips again. He licked Cole's bottom lip, asking for entrance. Cole opened his mouth, letting Kai's tongue explore it. Cole let out a soft moan which made Kai smirk a little. They broke apart for air and left each other breathless.

Their foreheads were touching and they were gazing into each other's eyes.

"Wow," Cole whispered. "That was fun."

They both chuckled until heard cheering so they turned to the sea to see the others running to them. 

"So, are you guys a thing now??" Jay excitedly asked.

Cole and Kai looked at each other. "I dunno... Are we?" Kai asked with a smirk on his face.

"Definitely, hotshot," Cole kissed Kai on the lips again. 

Nya squealed, "Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you guys!" 

"Look, I'm happy for you guys but please, for the love of the first spinjitzu master, can you make out in private?" Lloyd chuckled. "I'd rather keep the rest of the innocence I have left, if I even have any. Probably not because of these two," Lloyd said, pointing at Jay and Nya - Jay hugging Nya from behind, making them sway gently from side to side to the music. 

"What? No-one is asking you to look," Nya snapped jokingly. 

Everyone laughed at the comment, "Hey, it's not my fault you're making out everywhere you go!" Everyone grabbed a soda and watched the horizon as the sun dived into the other side of the world as they sang along to the rest of 'Is this love'...