Shadow Racer

Zane won't be a nindroid in this fanfic. Also, the characters that don't include Nya and Kai are somewhat evil or rude. Have fun.

"Why won't you let me go! I'm old enough to enter!" Nya Smith snapped at her older brother.

"Street racing is illegal, and it could get you into trouble. I don't want my little sister arrested. I almost got caught on SEVERAL occasions," Kai 'El Diablo' Smith explained. El Diablo being his street racing code name.

"Why are you always so overprotective all the damn time? Just like mum-"

"Don't bring her up, Nya. She's not with us anymore. I'm the provider of the house now," Kai interrupted with his stern voice.

"Dad would beg to differ," Nya challenged.

"Nya, they're gone! I am the responsible one here. Deal with it," Kai said, putting his red leather jacket on.

"I can take care of myself, Kai."

He let out a long sigh. "You're impossible," he muttered. "Look, you're not going to the race whether you like it or not."

"Fine! Jeez..." Nya looked around. "Cole Brookstone got under your skin again?"

"Don't even..." Kai put his shoes on. "That's exactly who I'm racing. Him, Jay Walker, Zane Julien, Lloyd Garmadon and some other people."

"What?! Lloyd Garmadon is younger than me! How come he gets to race and I don't?"

"He's just a random teen with daddy issues. He's a few months younger than you and he only races for fun, I race to earn money so that eventually we don't get evicted. That kid is also pretty ruthless. He'd be a danger to you on the track."

"Yeah, right," Nya passed the car keys to Kai. "Well have fun beating - who was it? Rocky, Sparky, Falcon and Dragon."

"Thanks. Later, sis! Don't be late for your shift!"

"Stay safe!" She yelled as he left the house. Kai got into his dodge charger; it was bright red with a black fire design on the mask. He roared the engine before driving off.

Once he got to his destination, loud club music was blaring in the background and groups of people were scattered around the area, holding drinks. The first thing he saw was Cole 'Rocky' Brookstone's smug expression on his face as Kai drove in and parked his car. Jay 'Sparky' Walker was standing to the right of him. Kai sighed before getting out of his car. He certainly didn't want to see Cole's face.

"Ah, Kai 'El Diablo' Smith..." He was leaning against his own car - a black Jaguar. He was wearing a black sleeveless top with dark jeans. His dark brown eyes glared at Kai's hazel ones. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Can't say the same," Kai mumbled.

"Ooh, someone's getting a little hot under the collar," Jay teased as he brushed his auburn curls back. He wore a blue jacket with a little yellow lightning bolt sewn on it over a plain white t-shirt. He had bright blue eyes and an eyebrow slit over his left eye. Freckles were sprayed across his face.

"Hey," Zane 'Falcon' Julien caught their attention. He had platinum blonde hair neatly gelled back and icy blue eyes. He wore a black, ripped, sleeveless jacket with blue and pink designs. With that, he wore grey trousers. He was holding his phone as he walked over to the others.

Lloyd was sitting on the mask of his car with a lollipop in his mouth. He wore a green jacket with a golden dragon design with purple details on the back - its sleeves rolled up just above his elbows. His left elbow rested on his left knee. He wore black ripped jeans and green sneakers.