Chapter 49

When Oikawa's knee was feeling better, he spoke to his coach Irihata and requested a training match with the Karasuno. As an excuse, he used Tobio Kageyama, who had actually been accepted as a pass player in this school. However, since Miyu had asked him to do so, Oikawa had suggested that she would help with the organization. It came as a surprise to Miyu, but the coach had been happy about it, so there was nothing more she could do.

"Why are you furrowing your brow like that?" asked Iwaizumi, who was standing next to the pink-haired girl, who was holding a list with everything written on it.

"Because... ehm..." Miyu thought about it herself. Yes, why was she actually doing this? "You don't have to do much. So far, we've always managed without a manager. Oikawa could have saved himself that comment."

Miyu nodded in agreement. Oikawa really could have kept his mouth shut. In the last few months, Miyu had only learned the basic rules so that she could at least understand what Oikawa was talking about. She was completely overwhelmed by the different tactics and ways of playing.

"And then that idiot has a doctor's appointment too." Iwaizumi shook his head. "Then he really wants to play against Kageyama, but he's not here."

Miyu had to agree with him. Oikawa was a bit scatterbrained when it came to such things. Although maybe he had done it on purpose. Or maybe he really had organized this game at her request.

"Hey, Miyu." Kindaichi spoke to her and stopped in front of her. "Are you actually our manager now?" he wanted to know curiously, which she denied with a shake of her head. No, she would never take on this task.

"No...I'm happy with...my club." Miyu admitted and talked briefly about the chemistry. All the new players were visibly overwhelmed. Understandably so. This topic really wasn't easy.

"Too bad, I think you've done a good job here." the boy praised her, which somehow pleased Miyu. "Mh..thanks..." Her gaze automatically slid down to the floor as a small blush appeared on her face. Iwaizumi smirked a little, knowing exactly how insecure Miyu had felt about this task.

"They're here!" Watari informed her libero, as Miyu remembered. She didn't know all their names by heart, but his wasn't difficult. Miyu remembered Kindaichi and Kunimi from the Kitagawa Daichii. Only by sight, but that was enough for her.

Halfway to the coach, Miyu stood around a little nervously. She had never really been able to watch a training match before. She only watched the real matches that Oikawa had invited her to. She had stayed out of all the others, as it was his passion. Oikawa didn't interfere with her passion either, which made for a good relationship. Of course they supported each other. But no one had dictated anything to anyone, which was a good thing.

Her bright eyes now turned to the players who had come in. Among them was Shimizu, who had smiled briefly at Miyu, who was accompanied by Sawamura, Sugawara and Asumane.

Behind them came a couple more players, one of whom had Shimizu in his sights. But there was also a smaller boy who was more or less like this half-smooth one. And then Kageyama and a little boy came in next to these students. Apparently a first-year student that Oikawa had mentioned in passing.

And then Miyu's eyes widened when the last two players she knew came in. Yamaguchi and her younger brother Kei, who seemed to have decided to play volleyball despite Akiteru.

Frozen slightly, Miyu bit her lip, while Kei looked towards her at that moment. A mischievous smile appeared on his lips before he couldn't resist making a comment.

"Well, well, the dwarf is here."