Chapter 66

Miyu hadn't told anyone before this incident. She didn't want to make a big deal of it and didn't want to make a bigger deal of it than necessary. She didn't know what Tooru's father would do now. But she had made a point that she wanted to stick to.

Miyu had already quit her job at the cafe so that she didn't have to wait for her notice period and could leave legally. The staff had already given her a bouquet of flowers, which had even given her new ideas for fragrances.

"You're not going to the final?" Kindaichi asked when he saw Miyu studying in the canteen. "No, why?" she asked, recognizing a few other players who had sat down. "I heard that Oikawa and Iwaizumi went there."

Understanding, Miyu nodded. That was why she couldn't reach her boyfriend. He had disappeared right after class and hadn't even said where he was going. He probably didn't want to let her talk and study about volleyball.

Because Miyu had an additional subject, which she had taken in the third secondary school. It wasn't actually a difficult subject, but she thought it might help her with her hobby. Biology and genetics. Extremely exciting but also exhausting.

"The Karasuno are playing against the Shiratorizawa...I almost forgot..." Miyu admitted. As the big sister, she was actually supposed to be cheering Kei on. But Akiteru was probably already getting on his nerves, so she didn't want to make things worse.

"We'll watch it together later. Do you want to?" Kindaichi asked. "Uh, no. I have another exam later..."

"Oh, that's too bad..." the black-haired man mumbled and looked at her papers for a moment, not understanding anything. How Miyu found this topic interesting was not really clear to him. But obviously the student had a reason for taking it.

Looking briefly at her watch, Miyu realized that she didn't have any more time to have a conversation. The pink-haired girl packed up her documents and was watched by the players.

Actually, it would have been awkward earlier. But because they were all friends in a way, it didn't bother her. "Right then, I have to go." she said briefly and shouldered her rucksack to go to the classroom.

"Good luck!" the boys called after her, which Miyu really needed. Because this exam would be the last one before all this exam stress was over.