Chapter 51

The training match was almost over and Oikawa was still not here. For Miyu, it had become more of a minor matter as she had been watching the Karasuno match. It was actually only the first-year students who were extremely special. Kageyama, who was called the king in middle school, played the balls very precisely. Oikawa might not be able to do that, but as far as Miyu knew, her friend could get one hundred percent out of all players.

Kageyama may be a good pass player. But there was a lot he still had to learn. Miyu had learned this from the coach, who had talked to the assistant coach.

Miyu, who was sitting on a bench next to Shimizu to turn the scoreboard, had also looked at Kei, who was annoyed by her looks. And he showed this openly by looking over at her again and again, slightly angry. He was actually glad that she didn't cheer loudly or cheer him on like some fans would. She didn't even do that with Oikawa.

"Thank you." Shimizu said quietly to Miyu, who looked over. "Mr. Takada has tried everything to reach any schools. Datekou was the only one who agreed and brought Nishinoya and Asumane back to us."

"And why are you thanking me?" Miyu wanted to know. "For organizing this game." Shimizu smiled slightly, which Tanaka had obviously seen very quickly and had given him more energy.

"Actually, it was Oikawa." Miyu admitted and heard a whistle, which heralded a short pause. Just at that moment, before the last points were scored so that the Karasuno could win, the man in question appeared.

"Did you finally make it here too?" Iwaizumi said, slightly angry. "You were determined to play against Kageyama."

"Yeah, that's all right." Oikawa waved it off and grinned a little. "How's your knee?" the coach simply asked. "Totally ready for action again." The boy nodded and looked at Miyu with a mischievous grin. He just couldn't help it and made Miyu uncomfortable.

"Warm yourself up. Otherwise I won't let you play." the coach grumbled, which Oikawa accepted without argument and went to warm up. The Karasuno quickly noticed the unease this caused. They had probably thought that Oikawa wouldn't come.

Kageyama was in for a tough fight. As a former student of Oikawa, he naturally wanted to prove that he had improved. But somehow Miyu had the feeling that he was stronger because of Hinata.

"He must really love you a lot." Shimizu said quietly, causing Miyu to blush. "Stop saying things like that in front of other people..." Miyu asked, embarrassed, which Shimizu couldn't understand. Her gaze remained fixed monotonously on her.

"It's okay, calm down..." came from the black-haired girl, who had turned her gaze back to the team, which had repositioned itself.