Chapter 86

Almost two years had passed since that match, which Tooru had even won by scoring the last point. Miyu hadn't even realized that she had jumped up like a happy child and called out to him. However, when she was looked at, the blush was clearly visible on her face, which was why she had sat back down and tried to hide somehow.

Tooru had been the happiest of them all. Not only because it was Miyu, his wife, but because it was the first time he felt that Miyu had started to like volleyball.

Miyu would never be the biggest fan. But the fact that she wasn't too reluctant anymore was a big step forward. Since Miyu had come to his match, he had accompanied her to a perfume fair, which his mother had also attended.

He had exchanged a few words with some of the guests, who were more interested in his father's business, but Tooru was pretty good at steering these conversations towards the essentials. And that was when he had completely lost sight of Miyu, who had disappeared among all the scents.

Before he could look for her, however, Miyu turned up with several bags and a beaming face. He already knew that she would be making lots of new fragrances that she could sell in the end.

"Tooru, that stinks..." Miyu grumbled when her husband tried to create his own scent. "That's not true..." whined the brown-haired man, who had his cell phone next to him so he could read the different scents and their effects. Although he could use Miyu's old notebook, in which everything was described in detail.

"But...what did you put in it?" she wanted to know, opening the windows of their apartment in Tokyo, which they had bought together. "Hm..let's think about it..." Tooru said thoughtfully, looking at the small bottles. "This...this and...this I think."

Questioningly, Miyu picked up the vials to read the labels. Everything inside her tightened as she realized the scent. "They don't even harmonize. No wonder it stinks."

"But I thought it might smell good because they smell good individually..." Tooru tried to explain, which only made Miyu shake her head. She swallowed a little and waved her hand around.

She felt uncomfortable and a strange feeling spread through her. The only reaction her body had was to run to the bathroom and throw up.

"That bad?" Tooru asked worriedly, as Miyu never really reacted to aggressive scents. She was actually very hardened to smells. "Mh..." was all that could be heard from the pink-haired girl, who couldn't say what was causing her nausea.

It could be that she had developed a sensitive nose over time and, depending on the mixture, could no longer tolerate it. There was also the smell of the candle wax, which Tooru had actually warmed up properly.

"Sorry..." Tooru said quietly, causing Miyu to shake her head and flush the toilet. "I don't think...I can handle every scent anymore. That could be very troublesome in my job..." Miyu said quietly and stroked her face.

"Are you having it checked out?" Tooru wanted to know, which made Miyu think for a moment. "If I have it at work tomorrow, I'll go to the doctor." she promised, smiling slightly, which also reassured Tooru a little.

However, he only hoped that Miyu would be able to continue doing her job. Because as far as he knew, Miyu had done everything she could to get this far.