Chapter 85

"I...want to get out of here..." Miyu grumbled quietly to herself when she arrived at the volleyball stadium with Iwaizumi and saw all the people. The problem was that there were groups of people who were already fans of some of the players. And there were quite a few of Tooru's fan clubs.

"You're already here, so go for it." said the young man next to her, who had his arm halfway around her so that she didn't sink completely. "Mh...how does Tooru manage that?"

"Believe me, it's not easy for him either. Especially because he plays in a good team." Iwaizumi admitted and guided the pink-haired girl to the back entrances. There was nothing more to say, which is why Miyu really had to go through with it.

"That's his wife, isn't it?" some of the young girls who belonged to the group said. "She's beautiful..." muttered some others, which made Miyu automatically raise her hand in front of her face to stop them talking about her.

It had actually become quite normal for her by now. However, there were a lot of young girls here who shouldn't follow their own example. No one should take Miyu as a role model and compare themselves to her. None of the girls should think that they should look like her.

"We'll be right there." promised Iwaizumi, who took the tickets out of his jacket pocket and held them out to a member of staff. It might not have been necessary because of Miyu, since Oikawa had been really conspicuous about it.

Once inside the building, Miyu breathed a sigh of relief. She was reassured that there were no more comments and that she could now be more or less alone. Her bright eyes turned to the people who were in the VIP area just like her. No one here actually knew her except Iwaizumi.

"Come on, let's get something to nibble on and go to our seats." Iwaizumi said, which Miyu accepted with a nod and went with him to one of the stands to choose something. At the end, Miyu entered the spectator stand with some popcorn and water and could see the volleyball court very clearly. Tooru had chosen the best seats for her.

Miyu sat down in the middle and tried to get to grips with one of these seats. So far, she had only known the seats from school tournaments, which had not always been comfortable. In some matches, she simply stood, just like in the preliminary rounds of the spring tournament.

"Look who's here. Our shy fan." came a comment that made Miyu look up, slightly confused. "Says the one who always raved about it." came from Iwaizumi reprovingly, which made the young man a little embarrassed.

"Nice to see you again, Kindaichi." Miyu greeted him after going over his line in her head. She really was shy back then.

"So you really came to this match?" asked Wataru, who, like many other old acquaintances, was sitting in this area. If Miyu had thought about it, all of the Aoba Josai, whom Tooru knew very well, were sitting here. "Mh..."

Kindaichi laughed a little. "He forced you, didn't he?" he wanted to know, which was why Miyu had lowered her head. "He begged her like a little child." Iwaizumi grinned slightly, which made several people laugh.