Chapter 27

"Miyu, do you have a minute?" Kaede asked a day later after school, which was a little awkward for Miyu. The situation at this so-called school festival wasn't exactly tingling. "Please." the black-haired girl asked, which was why Miyu gave in and agreed.

In the back of her mind, Miyu still had the conversation with Shimizu. She had warned her about Kaede. Miyu had noticed how strange Kaede was behaving, but that was no reason to hate her and push her away.

With Oikawa, it was probably a different matter. He ignored her or made a few remarks, some of which were hurtful. You could see very clearly that he didn't like Kaede. And the fact that Shimizu found out and knew everything meant that Kaede was probably also a thorn in her side.

So when he sat down on a bench with her, an awkward silence began. Miyu would not be the first to talk to her. However, she wouldn't disappear so quickly either.

"I...wanted to apologize about Koji. I met him by chance on the internet and read that he was at Kitagawa Daiichi. If I had known how he would talk to you, I wouldn't have invited him."

Miyu looked at the girl and bit her lip thoughtfully. A habit she had gotten into since her insecurity. "I didn't realize you had it so hard."

"It's...fine..." Tsukishima mumbled. Why should she hold it against Kaede? She had never said anything about her past. Kaede certainly hadn't done it on purpose.

"You had no way of knowing. But...I don't like talking about it..." Miyu admitted openly and looked down at her hands. "I can understand that. And I'm really sorry." Kaede apologized again and smiled slightly.

"Oikawa came after you yesterday. Did something happen?" Kaede wanted to know. "He just wanted to see how I was doing." Miyu said, not wanting to confide everything that had happened to Kaede. Sometimes Miyu was a bit naive when it came to friendship, but because of Shimizu, she was a bit more reserved with Kaede.

"Oh..." Kaede mumbled and exhaled softly. "So...as I understand it now, you had the operation because Koji called you that back then." she asked, causing Miyu to bite her lip again.

"Mhh...no, not exactly..." Miyu admitted this topic only slightly. She didn't want to tell Kaede that other boys, as well as the girls, had said more.

Miyu also didn't want to tell her that she had compared faces. Kaede would probably think to herself how disturbed she was. "I..don't want to tell you. Sorry."

"That's okay. You don't have to if it's hard for you." The girl smiled and looked at the students who had slowly left the school.