Chapter 82

"Here, your tea." said Miyu, who had put the cup on the table so that Tooru could get warm from the inside. Only a few minutes ago, Tooru came out of the shower and got the big clothes that Miyu had with her. A T-shirt and a pair of Akiteru's jogging pants, which she had simply stolen from him as he had quite a lot of clothes anyway. Tooru had also received a warm woolen blanket.

"Thank you..." muttered the brown-haired man, sipping the tea. He hoped that he wouldn't fall ill. "It's okay..."

Miyu had changed into something new and warm. Her clothes and coat had gotten wetter than expected because of his embrace. "So you haven't forgotten the smell?" she asked him when she had sat down.

"How could I? I only know that flowery smell from you..." Tooru said, lifting the corners of his mouth. "What's not to call me... silly." Miyu became quieter and quieter at the end, as she wanted to complain a little. However, she could have taken it quite well. It really was a stupid question.

"You're wearing it." came out of her own lips, which made Tooru laugh slightly. "I just bought myself this perfume. I was very frugal with your gift because it came from you and not from a store."

Miyu's nose turned slightly red. So Tooru hadn't thrown the perfume away. The fact that he even bought it again touched her. "You know...even though I hated you because of the break-up, because I believed you, I didn't want to get rid of this perfume under any circumstances." Tooru spoke honestly.

"At first I wanted it, but just before, I couldn't part with it. It was the first gift I had received from the heart in a long time. And I wanted to hold on to it, even if it tore my heart apart when I smelled it." Miyu looked at his face, which was turned towards the steaming tea.

"And to be honest, I was really pleased when I saw the perfume in an advertisement and it kept the same name. My volleyball team laughed at me for a moment." Tooru laughed slightly himself. It was kind of childish to give a perfume such a name. But it just showed him that Miyu wasn't faking love. For him, it was a sign that Miyu had never lied to him. That's why he broke up with his fiancée.

"It looks like things went very well for you." he finally said. "Uh-huh." Miyu nodded and had her typical demeanor towards Tooru, which made him smile. "Studying is hard, but I like it. Also the work in the lab. Thanks to them, I was able to build my brands and my company, and I have to say that some of them support me and help me in production." Miyu said and began to tell him about her first day at university.

"I already like the three of them." Tooru grinned. So they had protected his girl when he couldn't.

"And...by the way..." Miyu began to mumble, playing around with her fingers under the table. Her eyes looked at everything but him. "Mh..so..the other scents..." it continued to come out of her while Tooru raised his eyebrow. "Yeah?"

"Are..ehm..possibly because of friends..." the pink-haired girl confessed and saw Tooru blink in the corner of her eye and start laughing. It was an honest laugh, something Tooru herself had hardly had for a long time.

"Iwa-chan will be happy when he finds out that one of the scents has been assigned to him!" Tooru grinned and should have realized much earlier that Miyu wanted to give everyone some kind of sign.