18.

A/N: I updated more than once a month??? Wild. No but fr you can expect more updates, I'm trying to make a lot of progress on this book if not completely finish it before my new incubus PJM story launches, so I want to really focus on this book and Starfield now. I already did over 1k words for the next chapter.

I hope you enjoy, thanks for reading.

Click the star if you'd let Jimin throw you into an active volcano if it meant saving him from getting a mosquito bite.

☂ Chapter 18 ☂

Three days had passed since her "date" with Jimin.

Her emotional state was like a forest. On one hand, there were birds chirping and dancing. On the other, there were animals being eaten alive. Okay, that was morbid, but it was true. Y/n had no idea what was going on in her mind, but she knew she loved it, both the parts that screamed at her that she was in love already, and the parts that believed she didn't deserve a man like Jimin.

Being treated like a princess made her giddy. It was like she was a school girl despite her lack of experience with the education system. However, it was her turn to treat Jimin like royalty. Based on Seulgi and Hoseok's knowledge, Jimin's birthday was that day, October thirteenth. It had been almost a month since they had celebrated Chuseok, and not too much longer until Halloween. His birthday was sandwiched in between two important holidays.

Y/n had always adored Halloween. It was the one night a year she felt proud of her scars. They made her look like one of those monsters from all the horror movies her and her old man had watched. But Halloween wasn't her priority. Jimin's birthday was.

"Donuts," Y/n said, holding up both of her gloved hands as if that'd make her point clearer. "Lots and lots of donuts."

Seulgi and Hoseok, who were with Y/n in the basement of 1PP, nodded and scurried off to go buy more donuts than anyone would ever need while Y/n continued with the decorations. Jimin's favorite colors were black and blue, so she had bought decorations based around that. There were blue plastic plates and black napkins, a banner that said Happy Birthday Jimin dangling off the ceiling with a black background and blue letters, and there were balloons of the same colors placed all over the room. Y/n had gotten him two presents and wrapped them in paper that would match the rest of the theme.

They had arrived early to prepare, and they had about thirty minutes until Jimin would stroll into the basement with no idea what was happening. Y/n had seen enough movies to know the cliche way to do it was shutting off the lights and hiding, then jumping out and scaring the shit out of him when he walked in.

So that was exactly what she was going to do.

Oh come on, it'd be hilarious to see Jimin jump out of his skin. Bonus points if he tased Hoseok on accident. Not her, that'd hurt, but Hoseok. Hoseok would provide the best reaction.

Y/n spent the next fifteen minutes double-checking everything, and by the time she was done, Seulgi and Hoseok returned with the donuts and set them up in the back. Y/n had a wooden folding table there, and it had a cake on it with candles that weren't lit yet. Jungkook had gotten her candles and a marble cake that was themed like a nerd cake. There were stereotypical nerd glasses all over it and the words "Happy Birthday, You Old Hag" written on top in dark blue icing. Jungkook had guaranteed her it was Jimin's dream cake. She was sure it wasn't, but she wasn't about to say no to a chance to call Jimin an old hag.

"Where's the alcohol?" Hoseok asked, and Y/n glared at him at that.

"We're on duty."