28. Until we meet again

Inaya's POV

I looked in the mirror only to see my eyes red and puffy. I couldn't stop crying all night.

First nano, then rayan. It was all too much for me. I felt like someone was ripping off my heart.

A sad chuckle left my mouth as i stared at my packed suitcase. I'm leaving tomorrow early morning so i've packed everything beforehand.

It's still hard to believe that i am actually leaving. Life is so unexpected sometimes right?

"Inaya.." alizeh's voice brought me back from my thoughts and i wiped my tears which fell unknowingly.

She's also been gloomy ever since that day.

I mustered up a little smile as she walked near and sat besides me on the bed.

"I will miss you soo much" she said in a sad tone.

"Me too.." i sighed.

"Don't you dare forget us!" she glared and i nodded with a chuckle.

We were talking when a knock interrupted us. "Inaya your friends are here to meet you" khala informed us and we went downstairs.

Eman and riya hugged me as soon as i went downstairs.

"Weren't you even going to meet us before leaving?" eman grudged while riya agreed with her.

"How could i?" i laughed a little.

We sat out in the lawn while khala went in the kitchen to prepare some snacks for us.

"So are you really leaving?" riya asked and i nodded sadly.

"I still can't believe it's so unexpected.." eman sighed.

"I know.."

"What about rayan..?" my heart ached at the mention of his name.

"Look inaya, i know it's your and bhai's matter but i can't see you both like this" eman said concerned.

"I know.. but it's good for both of us" i tried to reason even when my own heart didn't agreed with me.

"It's ok.. it's your matter and you did whatever meant right to you" they comforted me and i gave them a grateful smile.

"Ok no more sad talks now, it's your last day here and it should be filled with happiness only!" alizeh exclaimed trying to cheer up everyone's mood.

She was right, this was my last day and i shouldn't waste these moments with them like this.

__________♡

"Is that all?" bhai asked after putting my luggage in the car and closed the trunk when i nodded my head.

As we were on the way to airport, i reminisced each and every moment i've spent here. With my friends, and specially with him.

A huge sigh escaped my mouth as i looked out of the window and gazed at the passing streets.

The car came to a halt indicating that we reached the airport.

Bhai helped me with my luggage. He and alizeh stayed with me since i had time left before my flight.

I got more and more anxious as time passed by.

My gaze would often meet the entrance as a little flicker of hope would light up. But why am i even expecting anything after all the pain i've caused.

Soon the call for my flight was heard. It was time. Was i really leaving like this? Without even meeting or saying goodbye to him properly?