14. Insecurities

Inaya's POV

We came back from the trip the next day. And we were given two days vacation. So in these two days me and alizeh just had alot of fun.

We were on a kdrama marathon and we enjoyed alot. But i was missing other girls too. We haven't met since we came back. And maybe i was missing someone else too.

Anyways, finally today we are going to the university again. And i'm so excited to meet my friends.

We did video calls but its nothing compared to being actually together. Me and alizeh went towards the car after having our breakfast. We were going with bhai today.

We rushed towards our locker as soon we reached. And there they were.

"Hi guyssss" alizeh squealed and we went near them. Eman and riya looked at us and smiled widely.

"God i missed you all soo much" eman said.

Just then the bell rang and we went towards our respective classes. Today i was alone in the class, none of the girls had same class as mine.

The class was already boring and on top of that i had none of my friends with me.

The professor asked us to solve an equation. Everyone started doing that.

I got an answer but i wasn't sure if it was right or not. Also i was too shy to raise my hand and tell the answer. That's how i've been my entire life. Even if i know the answer i'm just too shy to tell or not sure if it's correct. And to be honest i hate myself for this.

I was debating whether to answer or not, just then someone else raised their hand. They told the same answer which i got and i felt regret instantly. *sigh*

Soon the class ended and i went towards the cafe where everyone was, still feeling bad about earlier. But when i saw my friends my mood lightened up a little.

Then the boys also came. I looked at rayan he gave me a smile and i gave him one back.

We were talking about random things when riya accidentally spilled her drink. She's the most clumsy person. Since she was sitting right next to me the drink fell all over me.

"Shit i'm so sorry" she started looking for tissues.

"Hey its ok i'll just go to restroom" i assured her and went out.

When i reached the washroom the door was slightly opened i was about to go inside but i heard some girls talking. I wasn't gonna eavesdrop or something but then i heard rayan's name. So involuntarily i stood there and listened.

"Omg Rayan is like the hottest boy of the whole campus" one of them said. "Yeah i know right" the other agreed with her.

"You think he'll agree if i ask him out?"

The thought of seeing him with other girls did something to my heart even when i had no rights to feel like this. I wanted to move but my feet were stuck to the ground.

"But he's always with that girl what was even her name?" the other girl said my name and i felt my heart beating fast.

"Yeah right! I don't even understand what he sees in her. She's not even beautiful and she seems so boring"

Tears were threatening to fall out of my eyes. I don't usually let other's opinions affect me but today i was already mad at myself and hearing this did no less to make me loose any self confidence i had.

"Exactly! Don't worry he'll eventually get tired of her. And i'm sure he'll ditch her as soon as he sees you" her friend said and both of them started giggling.