7. Library

Inaya's POV

The past few weeks passed in a blur. I had so many assignments and was going to panic but then i consoled myself and somehow managed to complete them in time.

I also enjoyed with my friends. Eman me and alizeh meet almost regularly after classes and our friendship has grown even stronger now. We now know almost everything about each other.

And i haven't seen rayan for a while. I don't know why but i felt a little disappointed. Whenever we passed each other he just kept ignoring me and i know it's childish but i felt a little sad. I'm going mad.

I think he hates me and probably that's why he ignores me. I mean i know our first meet wasn't that pleasant but it was a mistake. And i don't like people hating me that's why i always try to be sweet and polite to everyone.

Anyways, so today i had a free class so i decided to go to my favourite place which is of course library. Alizeh and eman had classes so i went to the library alone.

There were very few people in library today and i felt happy as i can relax and enjoy in my own world. I've always been quiet and shy type of person since childhood and loved to read books. People in school always teased me by calling me a nerd.

To be honest i felt a little hurt about it at first but as i grew up i understood that everyone has different opinions and there's nothing wrong in being yourself. And there is no need to change yourself for others.

I was searching for a perfect book and my eyes went towards an book which looked quite interesting. I was trying to grab it keyword: trying.
It was on the upper shelf and due to my short height i was struggling alot ughh why did i have to be so short? Even when i was on my tip toes i still couldn't reach it. I almost gave up.

Suddenly i felt warmth engulf me from behind and felt someone's presence. The strong smell of spice and cinnamon hit me. I turned around only to be met with a muscular drool worthy chest which could be easily seen through the fabric of the shirt. I looked up and saw that it was rayan.

He was so close that i could even see the light freckles which i didn't see before decorating his nose and cheeks. His features were more clear from here. I felt his hot breath on my forehead as we were super close. This is probably my first time being this close to any other person except my family and that too a man. I felt my cheeks getting hot due to the close proximity between us.

I was brought back from my thoughts by his deep voice "Is this the one?" i frowned a little and then realized that he was holding the book i was trying to grab.

"Y-yes thank you" i said and grabbed the book. "No problem" he replied. Then there was uncomfortable silence between us. I'm so bad at these type of situations but then i broke the silence by saying "uhm sorry". He frowned and looked confused so then i further added "For the other day at cafe".

"Ah no worries you already apologised" he said while smiling a little. And gosh his smile made butterflies flutter in my stomach. His smile is so precious why doesn't he smile more? And then we were silent again but it was a little better than before.

"Uh so no class today?" he asked while settling on the seat next to me. "Yeah had free class" i replied and he nodded. "What about you?" i asked while looking at my book. "Same had no class or practice so decided to stop by" he said. "Practice?" i asked while getting a little curious. "Yeah i'm in the basketball team" he said. I turned to him with shock and amusement on my face "So you play basketball that's so cool" i said genuinely. He chuckled and said a small yeah while rubbing the back of his neck.

Then i turned back to my book and felt his gaze for a while but then i was lost in my own world where there was just me and my book no ome else. When i felt tired i closed the book and turned to rayan only to see him sleeping peacefully like a baby. The sight infront of me was so adorable and a big smile formed on my face. I also laid my head on the table while facing him.

The rays of sun were falling on him from the window. I took my time to admire his face. He was sleeping soundly.

His long lashes were resting on his cheekbones. And the tiny freckles were  complimenting his looks more. His lips formed a little pout which made him look more adorable. Few strands of his hair were falling on his forehead and before i knew it my hand went up to push them away. His hair felt so soft and silky i wonder what shampoo he uses. Then i traced his nose and jaw as i couldn't help myself. He frowned a little and i giggled.

Then suddenly he opened his eyes and i was frozen. I didn't knew what to do we just kept staring for a while and i was lost in those magical orbs again. I got up quickly as i regained myself.
"I-i'm sorry you-r hairs uhh.." i said while getting nervous because i didn't knew what would he think of me. He must be thinking that i'm such an creep and i was brought back by him saying "it's ok relax i don't mind" he said while laughing. His laugh was like a melody that i could here everytime. I frowned and he pinched my cheeks saying "you should see your face so cute". And my cheeks darkened but from blushing this time.

"Stop laughing and lets go" i said while collecting my things and was about to go but he held my wrist and i felt electric currents on my whole body by his touch.

I looked at him while raising my eyebrows.

"Uhmm.. would you like to uhh.. come watch my game next week?" he said while rubbing his neck as his ears were growing red. I smiled at him and said "Sure see you next week then" he smiled and nodded.

__________♡