XLVII: Fortnight

Jhoanna's POV

I was drinking my iced coffee when a car stopped in front of me. I checked my surroundings before getting inside of the black bmw sedan.

"Did anyone see you?" she asked.

I smiled upon seeing her. I missed her. I missed my baby so much.

"No. We're safe." I replied.

She smiled at me and locked the door. She pulled me closer to her and kissed me passionately. "I miss you so much, baby."

I giggled. She never fails to make me smile and make my heart flutter. "I miss you would be an understatement. Nangungulila ako sa'yo ng ilang araw, Colet."

"So, what is the plan tonight?" she asked, starting the engine of her car.

"Let's rent a condo nalang for tonight? Sa Tagaytay kaya?" I excitedly suggested.

"Alright, Tagaytay it is!" she said and maneuvered her car.

11:00pm when we arrived in Tagaytay. She went out of her car to talk to the receptionist of the condo and when everything's okay, she texted me the room number. She said she'll be waiting there na because we're not allowed to be seen by anyone.

Gulo ang mangyayari kapag nagkataon.

Once I entered the condo, Colet welcomed me with a warm hug and started kissing me passionately. But before it led to something, we decided to stop.

"Too early..." I whispered.

"I know. I'm sorry." she smiled, her gummy smile.

We spend our alone time talking and catching up on the things we have been doing lately. It is always so calming when I am with Colet. I fell like even if the world is crumbling down before our eyes, it won't matter because I am with her.

She is my favorite. She is my person. She is my number one.

The fairy lights strung across the balcony twinkled like a secret language, whispering promises of forever in their flickering dance. Colet's laughter, light and airy, mingled with the melody from the nearby cafe, creating a symphony that filled my heart with a joy I never knew existed.

As we sipped our wine, our fingers brushed, sending a jolt of electricity that made my insides fizz. In Colet's eyes, I saw not just affection, but a depth of understanding that mirrored the very essence of my soul.

"Magkasama na nga tayo, iniisip mo pa rin ako." she joked, staring at me lovingly.

"How did you know? Wala na, yayabang ka na naman nito." I replied, laughing along with her.

"Mayabang naman ako lagi every time I get to win a case eh." she said.

"Alam mo, for a lawyer, napaka hangin mo." I commented.

"I'm aware, baby." she sighed. "Nakakapagod maging lawyer. Can I be your wife nalang instead?" she joked and I slapped her shoulder.

"Para kang sira!" I told her.

In this perfect moment, suspended in time, a pang of sadness nipped at my edges. That, when the morning comes, reality would intrude, casting a long shadow over our laughter. But for now, I held onto the warmth of Colet's presence, savoring every stolen glance and whispered secret, etching this beautiful night into the canvas of my memory.

"I'm gonna miss you na naman pagkahatid mo sa akin." I whispered, but I made sure that she'll hear it.

"Babe, we will meet naman after weeks siguro? It depends on our free time." she said, assuring me.

Of course. I know she'll always come back to me. Sa akin siya uuwi after her tiring court trials and client's consultations. Mahal na mahal ako ni Colet at ganoon din ako sa kanya. Hindi man namin maipagsigawan sa mundo, sapat nang alam naming dalawa iyon.

When the morning comes, I felt this separation anxiety that I always feel whenever Colet and I need to separate ways again.

"Can we extend?" she asked sadly.

"I would love to, baby. But we can't." I responded.

"Oo nga pala, uuwi ka sa asawa mo." she said and looked away.

"Uuwi ka rin naman sa asawa mo. Ikaw kay Maloi at ako kay Stacey." I smiled bitterly.

I was Colet's client. That's how we met. Right love, wrong timing. Mali kami sa paningin ng iba at sa batas. If only she won't lose her license, I'll be willing to leave everything behind just to see the future for us.

"Halika na, umuwi na tayo." she gently told me and kissed my forehead.

I love you it's ruining my life.

... and I touch you for only a fortnight ~