XXXIII: My Best Friend's House Party

Mikha's POV

I tried calling Colet for the nth time since the moment I arrived at her house but she's not answering it, no wonder why, because loud music blasting here at her place and she can't hear my calls. If you're wondering what's happening, well, I'm here at her place but there's an on going house party. I am invited but I already declined like I always do. I am not a party person so supposedly, I will not attend but since this dummy friend of mine accidentally brought my polaroid camera, I have no choice but to get it here in her house. 

After an hour, I can't still contact her. I'm about to leave but I can't also help but noticed how uncomfortable Aiah is with her skirt. She keeps on fixing it. 

I took a deep breath before removing my coat. Now, I am making a bold move by doing this. I just hope no one will notice. After couple more seconds, I gently walk to where she is sitting and gently put my coat on her thighs, to cover it. 

She seems taken aback of what I did but there is no turning back now. 

I just awkwardly smiled at her after pulling away because I don't know what to say. I just hope that she'll let this pass. 

Thank God that she didn't say anything so I immediately walk out and directed to the house balcony to breathe. 

I never imagine a day will come where I will intentionally interact with a 'popular' person, well excluded Colet since I know her even before her 'glow up'. I guess there's always an exemption in everything. When I'm convinced that I recovered from what I just did, I decided to go home but immediately shiver feeling the cold breeze of the night. 

I stiffed when I heard someone faked a cough making me turn around. 

"Hey."

I gulped the moment I confirmed my hunch about who it is, of course it's Aiah.