VII. I Like You A LOT

Stacey's POV

We entered the school building, the loud hallway full of students; new and old ones, became quiet. The world stopped, well, only theirs as they saw us walking side by side.
Curious, surprised and censorious looks as their minds registered who they just saw, they're seeing. It's so quiet that you can hear a pin drop, slowly they started whispering and it's irritating. The buzz is getting louder and louder until it turn into full conversations, talking about us as if we're not there.

The look of excitement didn't pass my eyes, I saw how the old students became giddy.

Really? I thought after three years of not seeing us together this will die down. We are one of the so called "ships" they love so much. It's crazy right? They ship Jhoanna and I, how? I mean, what is it that they saw in us to ship us? We were never sweet, it's the opposite actually. You can't put us in one place and not expect to fight. I hate the things she likes, and she hates mine. She is annoying to me, as I am to her.

I wouldn't be confuse if it's Sheena, no, not that I like my best friend romantically, well before, or so I thought. But me and Sheena are always together as well, we're clingy. When we're together, it's the opposite of me and Jhoanna's. We're not always after each other's throat.

They can even pair her to Colet, they're closer, Colet's sweet to her unlike to other girls, but I've never seen anyone have the expression whenever it's the two of us together. They never looked at them as if they're in some romantic film. In fact, when they look at them I see them having the look of a mother seeing her children together, lmao.

This may be the happiest first day for them.
Because finally, they saw us walking in the hallway again. Just like the old times, except now, we're not arguing, we're both quiet.
Back to reality, I kept a straight face, she, on the other hand smiles to the students she recognize. Her nervousness, gone. Just like that she gained her confidence.

I don't get why they love these ships so much. Poor rich kids with their boring lives.

"We're here." I stopped in front of her assigned room.

"Thanks."

Moments after, none of us is moving, I was stuck there, the thought of me being late sitting at the back of my mind. She's standing in front of me, as if waiting for my next move.

"Wait for me later, I'll pick you up." I said, we don't share the same building. I don't know what came into me, I just feel the need to accompany her.

"Wag na, I can handle myself." oh, what happened to her? Back to being masungit and proud again? Kanina ang tahimik niya lang.

"There's a lot of changes here. You're not even bringing a car." I pointed out.

"There's a thing called cellphone, I can call our driver later." she sassed.

"Smart-ass. I'll pick you up later, end of conversation." | crossed my arms and cocked my head side-wards, challenging her.

"I'll leave before you can get here." she mimicked my actions earlier, students are watching us with amused faces. They're witnessing one of our famous bickering.

"I won't leave then. I'll skip classes if that's what it takes." a smirk plastered on my face.
Her annoyed expression, amuses me.

"I will call ate Aiah and tell her you didn't attend your classes."

"Go." I even used hand gestures to let her know I won't stop her.

"Hindi ka na takot kay ate?" with her eyebrow raised and bitchy attitude, one would be easily intimidated, but not me. I've been around her for so long for this to work on me.